PDA

View Full Version : Two Problems I Can't Fix

all5horizons
2008-10-13, 16:55
S&D detects two problems continuously -- Smitfraud-C.gp and Microsoft.WindowsSecurityCenter.TaskManager -- and says they're fixed, but then will detect it if I run it again. The problems being caused are pop-up ads and my desktop background being changed to a warning that I have spyware (this may be from Norton anti-virus warning me about it). Any ideas of what needs to be done in order for it to be permanently fixed? I have the latest version of S&D and immunized my system properly.

Baabiouz
2008-10-13, 18:03
Hello :)

Please download the latest copy of HijackThis from Trend Micro (http://www.trendsecure.com/portal/en-US/threat_analytics/HJTInstall.exe) and save it to your desktop.
Double click on HJTInstall.exe to install it. Click on Install. By default, it will install to C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis.
Read through the License Agreement presented to you on the next screen and click on I Accept.
Once installed, HijackThis will start automatically. If it doesn't, please go to your desktop and double click on the HijackThis shortcut created there.
Select Do a system scan and save a logfile.
Close HijackThis.

Note: Do not click on the AnalyzeThis button.

Do not fix any lines you see in HijackThis as most entries are harmless and needed for the normal functioning of Windows.

Post the HijackThis log here :)