PDA

View Full Version : New "Immunize" issue?

Carol
2006-04-07, 00:13
I have searched the forum for this specific issue, but have not found any note of this.

After the last update (4-01), I immunized and never got the dialogue box, which notes..# bad products already blocked, # additional protections possible. Please immunize. Additionally, prior to clicking the top +, where it says "all known bad products already blocked", the circle would turn blue with an "i" in it. After clicking the top +, it would then change back to the green circle with a check mark inside. I hadn't seen this either.

I do show the correct amount of 'bad products blocked' as 9513, at this point in time. I'm only wondering why, for the first time, I'm not seeing the immunization process as I had before. Is this a known issue? Did it have to do with the update? (I've also read of one other person, at another forum, who had experienced the same thing after the last update)

Any information would be appreciated. Thanks in advance..
Carol

Windows XP Home

Zenobia
2006-04-07, 01:19
Yes,that is odd,I get the Information(dialogue)box a couple seconds after clicking Immunize to go to the Immunize section.

The blue circle with an 'i' in it was there because you weren't immunized(or weren't fully immunized.)When you clicked the green + sign,it changed back to
a circle with a checkmark inside it to show you were immunized.It sounds like
you can't see the status bar,when you immunize.Try clicking Hide this information to be able to see it.

Carol
2006-04-07, 02:22
Zenobia..

I've always seen the status bar, to include during the last update. If I go to immunize now, the staus bar runs and the "All known bad products are already blocked" information box comes up. I then press Immunize at the top and get the count of bad products blocked.

If I "hide" this now.. it only hides the Immunize shield and the information next to it 'This page allows you a preventative...' I've always had the information showing.

Am I misunderstanding you? Unless I'm not explaining it correctly.

As I mentioned previously, I didn't get the first dialogue box, nor the blue circle during the immunization process. I did see the status bar and the correct amount of products. This has never happened before. And.. as mentioned.. the same thing has happened to someone else.

Am I making any sense? :scratch: I'm not sure what the purpose of hiding does, although I did try it.
Carol

Zenobia
2006-04-07, 03:02
I'm only wondering why, for the first time, I'm not seeing the immunization process as I had before.
The status bar gets hidden on mine,unless I click Hide this information(or I scroll up),so that's what I thought was happening on yours,and I thought the blue 'i',and green checkmark were confusing you.

Additionally, prior to clicking the top +, where it says "all known bad products already blocked", the circle would turn blue with an "i" in it.

That circle indicates you weren't immunized or fully immunized.When you click the green plus sign,that immunizes,and the blue 'i' changes to a green checkmark.

Carol
2006-04-07, 03:09
Zenobia..
Have you heard of this happening before, as it did with the last update? Or whether or not it is a known problem?
Carol

Zenobia
2006-04-07, 05:01
Zenobia..
Have you heard of this happening before, as it did with the last update? Or whether or not it is a known problem?
Carol

You mean the information box not popping up?Or the 'i'/green checkmark?

Carol
2006-04-07, 07:48
I mean, have you heard of both of these conditions not occuring after installing an update and first pressing "Immunize":

-The first dialogue box, which notes..'# bad products already blocked, # additional protections possible. Please immunize' .. not popping up
-The green checkmark not turning into a "blue circle w/ the "i" inside", but only staying as a green circle.

Yet, still taking into consideration, the correct amount of "bad products" did change to the correct number (9513) from it's prior number of "bad products" on March 24th (9458).

Zenobia
2006-04-07, 08:39
I'm sorry,I was misreading your post.I thought you meant that after the last update,the circle turned into a blue 'i'.
I now see you were saying usually the information box with # bad products already blocked, # additional protections possible pops up,and usually the circle turns into a blue 'i',but it didn't with the last update.However,the immunization count did change.Sorry for the confusion.

No,I've seen no mention of that anywhere,and it's not a known problem,that I know of.I'm not sure why that happened,so your best bet is to wait and see if
anybody that might know more about it comments on it.