PDA

View Full Version : moving to 1.6

scowlsandgrowls
2008-10-16, 20:37
I have 1.5 installed on my pc. In order to instal 1.6 do I need to uninstall 1.5 first or can I just download 1.6 with 1.5 still on my pc

2008-10-16, 22:21
I have 1.5 installed on my pc. In order to instal 1.6 do I need to uninstall 1.5 first or can I just download 1.6 with 1.5 still on my pc

That you uninstall spybot before installing the latest version. This prevents any issues that might occur if you just install the latest version over the old one. In later versions of spybot, you will be able to run the installer and it will remove the old files and install the latest version. But for now, its recommend to remove and then install the latest spybot.

Hope that answers your question. :)

scowlsandgrowls
2008-10-17, 00:20
Is it just as simple as using remove programmes from add or remove programmes in control panel (win xp)?

alternatively i notice under start/programs folder under spybot I appear to have 2 uninstall icon:

Uninstall Spybot - Search and Destroy
Unistall Spybot - S&D

can these be used instead (having said that I've just clicked the tutorial under the same folder and it says missing short cut)?

2008-10-17, 05:26
Is it just as simple as using remove programmes from add or remove programmes in control panel (win xp)?

simply remove spybot using the uninstall utility, restart the computer and then install the latest version. :)