PDA

View Full Version : Spyware.Possible_Website_Hijack

Anjelik
2008-10-17, 01:28
I previously found some adaware issues and could delete them then I bought Spyware Doctor and wan a full scan on my pc with spyware doctor and i found this threat call Spyware.Possible_Website_Hijack when i click the button fix checked. It says Some Threats has not been cleaned succesfully.

and the spyware it found still shows there. what should i do?

When I run spy bot it doesnt come up in the scan.
When I run my Norton Anti Virus is doesnt come up in the scan.
Spyware Blaster doesnt seem to have it there to protect me.
The only scan that found it was the FULL scan on the Spyware Doctor that says it will clean it but like I said when I click Fix it.. it says it can not be fixed/cleaned. *sigh*
I have spent weeks trying to clear spyware, etc. I dont know where or how I got it.
The past week or so I have ran Ad Aware only to have it get to the end of host file and start on cookies and crash for no known reason. I have sent reports to them and Microsoft with no fixes.

Some say that this happened in Firefox 8 months ago but supposedly was fixed but I used IE 7 now IE 8 Beta.

Please any advice to get rid of this before I go insane with worry..would be grateful. Do I need to go as drastic as reformatting and once again resetting my passwords/login info?

I dont know what else to do exspecially since I love spy bot and use it every day and it hasnt found this issue..and ad aware is crashing and not scanning and norton found nothing.

I read its serious security break.
The one host file it says is infected is xpsecuritycenter.com

I will check this forum as soon as I scan again in safe mode. Wish me luck and please if any one here has any help or advice...HELP.

Also.. sadly.. even though I watch when im logging in.. Im not smart enough to know when I log on my email if I am being redirected to a bad site that is in my stuff.

Sorry for such a long post.

Anjelik
2008-10-17, 01:29
gah not wan a scan I mean RAN ! sigh

pskelley
2008-10-22, 14:39
Welcome to Safer Networking, I wish to be sure you have viewed and understand this information.
"BEFORE you POST" (READ this Procedure before Requesting Assistance)
http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=288
All advice given is taken at your own risk.
Please make sure you have read this information so we are on the same page.

Make sure you read and follow the directions, anything else will slow the process and waste both of our time. I suggest you keep this computer offline except when troubleshooting, the junk may download more. If you have any tool I use, delete it and download it new from the link I provide. Read and follow the directions carefully, the tools will not work unless you do.
The junk can be tough to remove, so do not expect fast or easy.

Sorry for the wait, if you still need help, please see this:

Posting additional comments or logs before a volunteer responds, can push you back instead of forward, because your thread ends up with a newer date. Also, helpers may think you are already being assisted because of the post count.

I need to tell you straight away that I have seen Spyware Doctor find stuff that was not there to get a purchase and I have no faith in that program. Since you have not read and followed the directions, I have no way of knowing if I can help or not. Posted above and pinned (sticky) to the top of this forum are those directions. Once you have read them, post the required HJT log and I will be glad to take a look and advise you.

Download Trend Micro Hijack This™ to your Desktop
http://download.bleepingcomputer.com/hijackthis/HJTInstall.exe
Doubleclick the HJTInstall.exe to start it.
By default it will install HijackThis in the Program Files\Trendmicro folder and create a desktop shortcut.
HijackThis will open after install. Press the Scan button below.
This will start the scan and open a log.
Copy and paste the contents of the log in your next reply.

Thanks

pskelley
2008-10-30, 15:37
Due to the lack of feedback this Topic is closed.

If you need this topic reopened, please request this by sending the moderating team
a PM with the address of the thread. This applies only to the original topic starter.

If it has been five days or more since your last post, and the helper assisting you posted a response to that post to which you did not reply, your topic will not be reopened. At that point, if you still require help, please start a new topic and include a fresh HijackThis log and a link to your previous thread.

If it has been less than five days since your last response and you need the thread re-opened, please send me or your helper a private message (pm). A valid, working link to the closed topic is required.

Everyone else please begin a New Topic.