PDA

View Full Version : Spybot S&D exe is deleted

AngerManagement
2006-04-07, 13:00
HELP

There has to be somthing funny going on... I can install some applications, but I notised that AVAST was not running... Strange, so on trying to reinstall it would just hang and then I noticed the Spybot S&D icon was not active. No exe file.

I can watch the directory and on install the exe goes in, but before my eyes it disapears :-( The same appears to be happening with AVAST ?

I have just noticed that in trying to solve this I installed ewido security suit - an anti-malware application and one of it's main exe's is also missing...

HELP

spybotsandra
2006-04-07, 13:32
Hello,

Usually we would ask you to create a Spybot-S&D system report to look up if there is some new spyware that specially targets Spybot-S&D (there has been malware removing anti-spyware products in the past). In this case, we may need to utilize a different tool to find out if there is some pest that did this, and if so where it is exactly. Please download HijackThis: http://www.tomcoyote.org/hjt/ And follow the instructions on that tutorial page to create a log. Please mail that log to our detectives at detections(at)spybot.info. Make sure the subject is clear; we're currently collecting reports about this threat, so we suggest you start the subject with "[Spybot Attacked]" (including the square brackets, but without the quotation marks). Thanks a lot for your help, and we promise to find this one asap!

Best regards
Sandra
Team Spybot

AngerManagement
2006-04-07, 15:31
Hello,

Usually we would ask you to create a Spybot-S&D system report to look up if there is some new spyware that specially targets Spybot-S&D (there has been malware removing anti-spyware products in the past). In this case, we may need to utilize a different tool to find out if there is some pest that did this, and if so where it is exactly. Please download HijackThis: http://www.tomcoyote.org/hjt/ And follow the instructions on that tutorial page to create a log. Please mail that log to our detectives at detections(at)spybot.info. Make sure the subject is clear; we're currently collecting reports about this threat, so we suggest you start the subject with "[Spybot Attacked]" (including the square brackets, but without the quotation marks). Thanks a lot for your help, and we promise to find this one asap!

Best regards
Sandra
Team Spybot

Thanks but after a bit more work I found it :-)

"drvsyskit"="C:\\Documents and Settings\\user\\Application Data\\hidires\\hidr.exe" A quich search suggests that hidr like to stop anit virus and otter apps from working.

Regards

Mark

tashi
2006-04-07, 16:40
Hi there.

If you could send the information as Sandra requested it could help towards Spybot-S&D detecting the malware. :)