PDA

View Full Version : opinions?

slothmaster1
2008-10-18, 15:46
Could I get a few opinions on my YouTube videos?

My Channel:
http://www.youtube.com/user/slothy100

honda12
2008-10-19, 12:52
Although this could be seen by others as a sneaky way of getting a few extra views, I have a couple of minutes spare - So what the heck!

Well personally, the videos that I quickly skimmed over kinda lost my attention very quickly for various reasons:

1. Lack of music
2. Spent a long time in vids just typing, explaining the video (at least - type in advance)
3. No post production edits. ie. After recording the screencast with CamStudio, you could at least cut out the start of the video where you just pressed the 'record' button
4. Play around with CamStudio's setting - There are many guides on the internet to get the optimum settings - Try using autopan instead of recording the whole screen. Take a look at the CamStudio 2.5 beta which adds extra features

Yeah, anyway - Just try to engage the viewers attention and they will come back, again and again

Hope that helps,

honda :)

honda12
2008-10-19, 13:17
Oh yeah, I forgot:

5. If you are brave enough, buy a microphone (really cheap these days <--well they were! Damn economy!) and speak to your viewers. Viewers will trust you more and you will have a greater chance of succeeding. Look who succeeds on Youtube for example, is it the people who just type to their viewers, or is it the people who speak to their viewers? I think the latter.

6. Be original - People hate watching the same tips and tricks over and over again (well I do at least! :clown:)

General Tip: Don't give up - People will say bad things, but life goes on, eh? :p:

Anyway,

Good Luck!

honda :)

(Need any more tips just ask :santa:)

slothmaster1
2009-03-29, 14:30
Thank you very much. I will try to follow these tips in the future.....

tashi
2009-03-29, 17:24
Second topic, http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=47103 closing this one to avoid confusion. :)