Newbie question:When I used to run 'Immunize', the protected and unprotected
would always be the same. But, last week the unprotected was 49, and now
this week it's 301. I don't have IE open, and am running SpyBot as
'Administrater'.

The unprotected items are 43 for each of the following:IE(32bit) SOFTWARE
(domains), SOFTWARE(secure domains), IE(32/64 bit) DEFAULT(domains), DEFAULT
(secure domains), my PC name(domains), my PC name(secure domains), and
global hosts.

Should I be concerned about this, and if so, how do I fix it?

Thanks. :laugh:

drragostea
2008-10-18, 21:23
tkmops, what Operating System are you running?
What version is Spybot-Search&Destroy?

Try this: Click the Immunize tab and click on the Immunize button (Green Cross). If this does not work then 'Undo' the Immunization and Immunize again.

PepiMK
2008-10-18, 23:55
What other security software are you using?

Some block parts of th immunization because they do not differ between geed (blocking) and bad entries. That the count is identical for each cotegory sounds a bit like that situation.

In fact, the next version even has a new dialog to inform about exactly that issue (http://forums.spybot.info/project.php?issueid=327) ;)

tkmops
2008-10-19, 06:08
Thanks for the quick responses. I'm running Windows Vista home edition, and Spybot 1.6.0.30. I opened Spybot as 'admin' and ran 'immunize' and then the cross one, and now I have no unprotected items. I guess that was the fix. But, I'm still curious as to if those 301 unprotected items posed a serious threat or not, and why those popped up in the first place.

drragostea
2008-10-19, 18:33
It is not a 'serious' threat, that's what I can tell you. What you did should have done the job and corrected it. I am not sure why this is happening, but PepiMK (Patrick M. Kolla) should have the answer.

Some block parts of the immunization because they do not differ between geed (blocking) and bad entries. That the count is identical for each cotegory sounds a bit like that situation.
-