PDA

View Full Version : Scanning and re-booting problems

PicasoX
2008-10-18, 20:52
I am having problems running a full scan. During the initial scan the process stops several times telling me that it is recommended that I run spybot on start up. When I answer yes, sometimes the computer reboots right there in mid scan, other times the one scan finishes but then the same thing happens when I run the scan on start up, I have not been able to complete the 2 full scans in a row and because of this I cannot wipe out the problems completely.

I seem to remember that there was a way in an older version of spybot where it didn't interupt the scan and waited until afterwards to initiate a scan on bootup, or I could manually set it up so Spybot runs on startup, and only when I wanted it to.

drragostea
2008-10-18, 21:21
PicasoX, Spybot-Search&Destroy will not restart your computer during mid-scan after the prompt. It will complete the scan first.

If Spybot-SD tells you that it needs to reboot and scan during bootup, then it will only occur if you have chosen to fix a item.

I don't see how Spybot can reboot out of nowhere, if you have no fixed anything.

What version of Spybot-SD are you running (Spybot>Help>About)?
What is your Operating System?

PicasoX
2008-10-18, 22:26
Thats the problem, I know it is not supposed to, but spybot does reboot my computer mid scan.

After it asks if I want to run spybot on reboot after the scan the scan is complete, the scan freezes until I answer yes or no. Immediately after I answer yes, the computer shuts down.

If I say no every time it asks, can I manually initiate a scan on reboot after the scan is complete?

Like the old version used to let me do?

How?

drragostea
2008-10-18, 22:33
What version of Spybot-SD are you running (Spybot>Help>About)?
What is your Operating System?
I don't know how the old versions "did" it.
If you choose "No", then Spybot-SD will not schedule a scan on the next reboot.