PDA

View Full Version : new look to results page

wadahoot
2008-10-19, 09:31
Gosh, guys, I'm not even sure what I'm asking ... so hang in there with me a moment, please!?

I've used SpyBot for years (thanks!), and recently the results look completely different. It used to just have 1-2 things to remove, if any.

Now, I have a whole page of things like:
Cache
Cookie
Coupon Bar
History
IE
Log
MS Direct 3D
MS Direct Draw
MS Direct Input
MS Management Console
MS Media Player
MS Office 12.0
MS Office 12.0 Excel
MS Office 12.0 PowerPoint
MS Office 12.0 Publisher
MS Office 12.0 Word
MS Paint
MS WordPad
RealOne Player 2
Windows
Windows Explorer
Windows Media SDK
Windows.OpenWith

*phew* They all have 1 or more entries. I don't have a clue what some of the names even are, much less if I should consider removing them! I'm so frustrated, as I don't feel like I'm using SpyBot to its full advantage, as I no longer understand it.

Can someone please explain why have have all of this additional infomation, and if I'm supposed to remove it? Thanks much!
:red:

PepiMK
2008-10-19, 12:12
Those are Usage Tracks (http://safer-networking.org/en/dictionary/usagetracks.html).

They get enabled or disabled on the Filesets page in the Settings section if you are in advanced mode. Did you play with those settincs maybe?

If you clean these entries, your computer would no longer know e.g. what files or websites you've opened with the mentioned applications. A choice that's totally up to the user, some want that, some don't see a need for it and see it as paranoia ;)