PDA

View Full Version : I want Window Washer to startup at boot time.

cdplayer
2005-11-14, 06:03
I want Window Washer to startup at boot time. I insert(?) the information under TOOLS | System Startup. When I reboot my machine Window Washer is not in my taskbar nor does it run at system startup. What am I doing wrong? :confused:

Thanks!

tashi
2005-11-14, 09:38
Hello.

You might want to go to the Window Washer site if you have questions about their product.

Have a great day. ;)

cdplayer
2005-11-14, 15:38
Let me rephrase my question.

How do I add programs to the startup menu within Spybot? When I attempt to add any program under TOOLS | System Startup the program does not remain fixed in that area. I do have administrator rights.

Thanks! :)

md usa spybot fan
2005-11-14, 16:23
cdplayer:

The facility works fine for me (I just tried it for the first time).

What version of Spybot are you using? What values are you typing in the following fields?
Name of link:
Linked file:
Note: In the "Linked file" field if there are any blanks in the path or program name you must enclose the entry in quotes. That portion of the entry should be followed by any required parameters, i.e.:
"C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\SpybotSD.exe" /AUTOCHECK

Suggestion: Rather than possibly mistyping the startup entry, you could try the normal method of adding a program at startup. To start a program each time you start Windows (in XP for example):
Right-click the Start button, and then click Properties.
On the Start Menu tab, click Classic Start menu, and then click Customize. This changes the style of the Start menu.
Click Advanced.
In the Start Menu folder, find the shortcut to the program you want to start each time you start Windows, and drag it to the Startup folder located in the Programs folder:
C:\Documents and Settings\username\Start Menu\Programs\Startup