PDA

View Full Version : Total-Secure 2009

Neckername
2008-10-26, 01:45
Every couple of minutes, a error message pops up and says that a virus has infected my system, would you like to install a removal tool? Not in those exact words but i click no and it takes me to this site that tells me to download Total-Secure 2009. Please help this is annoying and ive been trying to get rid of it for weeks, even Spybot S&D when fully updated won't delete it. please help. Also a bunch of weird processes pop up in task manager, list is below

wcm.exe
wcs.exe
iebtmm.exe
iebtm.exe

and the iexplore.exe process won't go away and i never use internet explorer, i use firefox 3.0.3, and i know firefox isnt using that process because when i terminate the process, firefox is still up and when i terminate firefox, the process is still up. PLEASE HELP ME!

Neckername
2008-10-26, 01:46
oh and also a error message on the system tray also tells me to download some fake security software.

Neckername
2008-10-26, 01:49
Also another error just popped up and asked me to download Spyware.Cyberlog-X another fake program

Neckername
2008-10-26, 02:02
Every couple of minutes, a error message pops up and says that a virus has infected my system, would you like to install a removal tool? Not in those exact words but i click no and it takes me to this site that tells me to download Total-Secure 2009. Please help this is annoying and ive been trying to get rid of it for weeks, even Spybot S&D when fully updated won't delete it. please help. Also a bunch of weird processes pop up in task manager, list is below

wcm.exe
wcs.exe
iebtmm.exe
iebtm.exe

and the iexplore.exe process won't go away and i never use internet explorer, i use firefox 3.0.3, and i know firefox isnt using that process because when i terminate the process, firefox is still up and when i terminate firefox, the process is still up. PLEASE HELP ME!

oh and also a error message on the system tray also tells me to download some fake security software.

Also another error just popped up and asked me to download Spyware.Cyberlog-X another fake program.

tashi
2008-10-26, 02:37
Hello,

Please see the stickied procedure for this forum: "BEFORE you POST"(READ this Procedure BEFORE Requesting Assistance) (http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=288)

Start a new topic providing the HJT log, this one has been closed as helpers look for threads without a response.

Regards.