PDA

View Full Version : Two uninstall entries

Scheissregistration
2008-10-28, 11:15
If you make Spybot automatically install a new version when updating, don't add two uninstall entries in my software list:

http://i34.tinypic.com/nyid02.png

It's annoying.

spybotsandra
2008-10-28, 11:41
Hello,

If you upgrade to a newer version via update, the old version is not being uninstalled. Therefore you have two entries of Spybot in the program list.
You can uninstall the old version 1.5.2 here.

Best regards
Sandra
Team Spybot

PepiMK
2008-10-28, 13:44
With version 1.5, we switched from using product name plus version number to using a unique ID in the uninstall list, which would avoid double entries on regular installations.

The update integrated into Spybot-S&D did install another "update installer" thougt that had its own uninstall entry. This was removed in 1.6 updates; if you update to 1.6 through the integrated update function, there would not be a new entry.

Conclusion: the 1.5.2 entry seems to be a leftover from using the integrated update to 1.5.2 and can be removed; future updates (including the past 1.6 one) will not show additional entries any more.

md usa spybot fan
2008-10-28, 14:24
Scheissregistration:

I suggest that you do not attempt to remove the extra entry via Add or Remove programs. That is likely to uninstall Spybot. To eliminate the extra entry:

Go into Spybot » Mode > Advanced mode » Tools » Uninstall Info. Select the two entries one at a time and delete the entry where:
The name of the entry does not contain a GLID "({B4092C6D-E886-4CB2-BA68-FE5A88D31DE6}_is1)".
The "uninstall cmd" does not point to the unins00x.exe of where you installed the software.
If both entries have those features, than delete the one with the oldest "install date".

If you are not sure which entry to delete, right click on the listing and "Copy to clipboard". Then paste (Ctrl+V) those results to a new post in this thread editing out all entries except the two Spybot entries.

My current entry look like this:

Spybot - Search & Destroy 1.6.0 ({B4092C6D-E886-4CB2-BA68-FE5A88D31DE6}_is1)
install date: 20080708
install location: C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\
uninstall cmd: "C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\unins000.exe"
publisher: Safer Networking Limited
help link: http://www.safer-networking.org/index.php?page=support