PDA

View Full Version : Customize the black and white lists?

Cpt. Clueless
2008-10-28, 17:40
I'm looking to protect my machine from a corporate policy enforcer that resets the internet options (sets the internet settings from "ignore 3rd party/ask about others' to a blanket "accept all" :yuck: ) and also runs a hound of a service to enforce MS patches (even if you've already got them installed!) and will reboot your machine if not killed (genius thinking there...) As always, requests for information on "why?" are met with a mixture of contempt and resentment at questioning The Way We Do Things Here...

So I'd to add the cookie reg key to the blacklist, and the patch process to the blocked list. Any suggestions on how? I can't just hack the *.sbe files as they are protected (think we could do this pre-1.3, but not now :grandpa:).

Any suggestions or hacks?

PepiMK
2008-10-28, 18:25
As for process blocking, head over to the OpenSBI subforum (http://forums.spybot.info/forumdisplay.php?f=50). A custom .sbi detecting the exe file would also block it in TeaTimer. The oldest thread there was about blocking IE. The editor and wiki can help you with the syntax :)

Cpt. Clueless
2008-10-30, 00:20
Just used a custom .sbi to block the main app, and what a thing of beauty it was. I really cannot put into words the joy I had when I saw the Spybot S&D dialog come up and offer to put it on the kill list. Thank you very much! :bigthumb:

I'm playing with the registry key item next. I think I can work out how to block individual values being changed, however do you have any suggestions on how I stop subkeys being added? For example, if I have the path:

HKLM\SOFTWARE\AppPath\ListOfVictims\
and want to block it becoming

HKLM\SOFTWARE\AppPath\ListOfVictims\App1
Can this be done?