PDA

View Full Version : Create process failed-code 740

whojim
2008-10-28, 22:58
I got this message when installing S&D. (SDWinSec.Exe). With the explanatiom that the "requested operation requires elevation". I have no idea what this means nor what to do about it. I need advice.

drragostea
2008-10-29, 00:34
I got this message when installing S&D. (SDWinSec.Exe). With the explanatiom that the "requested operation requires elevation".
If you are running Windows Vista, you'll have to right-click on the Spybot install file (.exe) and click "Run as Administer".

whojim
2008-10-29, 00:47
Thanks for your advice. I'm not knowledgeable about all this-so do I right click on mit in Windows Explorer?

drragostea
2008-10-29, 00:49
Yes, it would be the same as right-clicking any file.

Palmtree
2008-10-29, 03:36
I have just received the same error message ("Code 740"). But it appears that the setup was successful and Spybot program functions. I updated it, for example. Then before exiting the program, I found this error message after the fact. So, there must have been "Creat Process Failure" during the installation.

Should I ignore the error? Or, should I reinstall Spybot anew with taking your suggeston "clicking right"? Please advise.

md usa spybot fan
2008-10-29, 05:14
Palmtree:

I suggest you reinstall with elevated rights (right click on spybot160.exe and "Run as Administer"). See the discussion in this thread:
Installation error message
http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=34858