PDA

View Full Version : Scanning Problem

mitty
2008-10-30, 14:33
Hi

When I start a scan (check for problem) it starts OK then stops with message 'there is no disk in drive E please insert disk into drive E'
If I put a disk into the drive it scans OK. How can I stop it from doing this.

Thanks

spybotsandra
2008-10-30, 14:37
Hello,

At first please make sure that you are running the latest version of Spybot - Search & Destroy including the latest updates.

To see which version number and/or updates of Spybot - Search & Destroy you are using please run Spybot-S&D and choose "Help" --> "About" in the menu bar.
There you can see which version you have and which updates are installed.
It should be version 1.6 and the updates from the 2008/10/29.

If this does not help this is a known problem which can occur in Windows.
The problem is usually cause by having Drive C assigned to a device with removable media. If you have that situation then either put media in Drive C or reassign the device to another letter.

There are instructions for reassigning the device to another letter here:
"There Is No Disk in the Drive. Please Insert a Disk into Drive \Device\harddisk\Dr1" Error Message When You Start Your Computer (http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;330137)

Best regards
Sandra
Team Spybot

mitty
2008-10-30, 17:59
Hi
I am running version 1.6.0.30 Detection update 29/10/2008.

My harddrive is C: and E is a cd/ dvd drive, I wondered if the problem was caused by leaving a disk in E when I did a scan, and now every time I do a scan it looks to E and stops when there is no disk inserted.

The problem has only occured over the last few days before that everything was fine.

Thanks

mitty
2008-10-31, 12:11
Hi spybotsandra

Have I posted my problem in the wrong place. I have just noticed your comment on the bottom of your reply.

'Please don't use PMs for requesting help. The Forums are there for a reason.'

Also what are PMs.

Regards
Mark