PDA

View Full Version : Problems After Updating Rules

patmac
2008-10-30, 16:24
Hi,
Three days ago I updated the definitions, and since then I have had some problems(none before that). There were four detection rules dated 10/22, two dated 10/8 and two dated 9/24. I was curious about the last two since I had updated Spybbot since then. The last two were an IE plugin and Teatimer update, dated 9/24.
After running a scan on the Admin account, then logging off of that and onto a Limited User account(used for surfing and email), the Limited account couldn't load. Windows said it had to load a temp profile because it could not find the local one(there is a thread in here about hives being unloaded). The details said something was using the local profile or it was corrupted. I rebooted, and it was OK.
Another problem today is, on the Limited user account I keep getting a Spybot message box about a key change, asking me to either accept or deny the change. The key is; AF69DE43-7D58-4638-B6FA-CE66B5AD205D, file name; swg.dll. I select deny, and it keeps popping backup. Searching on this key says it has something to do with Google Toolbar Notifier. But no conclusion as to if it's harmful or not. I hit deny and tried to log out of the Limited user account quickly, and I got some access violation errors from Teatimer.
The last issue right now is, I keep getting message boxes about Malwarebytes. I accept, and they reappear at later times, not sure after boots or logging on and off of the different accounts.
I have version 1.6.0.31 and my OS is WINXP Home SP3.
Thanks in advance for your time.