PDA

View Full Version : Hi new here and Help!! Temp files found/ remove?

Ghidrah
2008-10-30, 16:50
I'm sure this stinks as an introductory post but more often than not it takes longer to run an SB scan than the time spent on the internet!

All of a sudden over the last month this window pops up when my wife runs a scan and now it pops up when I run the scan to.

Why are they "NOW" showing up?
What are these files?
Where are these files?
How do I get rid of them?

Apparently there are usually over 130 temp files sometimes over 200 but only 10 to 15 are removed by the SB software.

Why doesn't it remove all of them?
It can take nearly 20 minutes to run a scan now this is horrible.

Any and all help will be greatly appreciated

drragostea
2008-10-31, 00:50
The problem is that they are either in use or locked :sad:.Can you try the solutions mentioned in this thread?
http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=35715
-

Ghidrah
2008-10-31, 15:38
We do the same thing the same way every time, I clear out Temp and history from tools\Int opts 1st then go to spyware tools then go to Mycomp\Docs\temps files and remove all but the cookies to sites I want to keep.
I have done it this way for years yet this has "JUST" cropped up within the last month or so, not absolutly sure it coinsided with the change from the older to the 1.6 ver. of SB

We haven't installed any new software in well over 6 months so it can't be from that

2008-10-31, 23:16
We do the same thing the same way every time, I clear out Temp and history from tools\Int opts 1st then go to spyware tools then go to Mycomp\Docs\temps files and remove all but the cookies to sites I want to keep.
I have done it this way for years yet this has "JUST" cropped up within the last month or so, not absolutly sure it coinsided with the change from the older to the 1.6 ver. of SB

We haven't installed any new software in well over 6 months so it can't be from that

Did you directly install the new version of spybot over the old one? If so...You might want to try un-installing all versions of spybot on your computer, then restarting and installing the new version again. Also try disk cleanup and make sure all unnecessary files are gone. When programs are in use by the temp folder, they cannot be deleted. that is the reason for that message. Try restarting the computer and not opening any programs, and run a scan then. :)

Ghidrah
2008-11-01, 18:19
Yes I did install over the older version, I'll try reinstalling from scratch.

2008-11-02, 00:01
Yes I did install over the older version, I'll try reinstalling from scratch.

ok that is what i thought. :)

And remember: Also try disk cleanup and make sure all unnecessary files are gone. When programs are in use by the temp folder, they cannot be deleted. that is the reason for that message. Try restarting the computer and not opening any programs, and run a scan then.