PDA

View Full Version : [Feature request]Teatimer icon reenabler

fastmsg
2008-10-30, 20:29
Hi,
Recently my explorer.exe process crashed,and I saw that the teatimer icon at bottom right of screen disappeared altough the teatimer process is still running,and it made me think of that:
Could a feature (button in spybot) restore this icon,either by detecting that the icon is no longer here and put it back (hard way),or by allowing to easily (stop and) restart teatimer (easy way),or another way?
Thanks for any reply or reaction.

PepiMK
2008-10-30, 20:55
Hmm.... might well be that this "accidently" was implemented just a few days ago ;)

A similar situation arose with SP 3 for XP - for some users, the icon could not be created when run on startup. The fix in the test version was te check and recreate if necessary the icon on various events. No button utc. needed, should do it by itself :)

cyberdyne
2008-11-07, 12:14
Hmm.... might well be that this "accidently" was implemented just a few days ago ;)

A similar situation arose with SP 3 for XP - for some users, the icon could not be created when run on startup. The fix in the test version was te check and recreate if necessary the icon on various events. No button utc. needed, should do it by itself :)

Hi
Has this been rolled out or is it still in progress?
Thank you.

(XP SP2)