PDA

View Full Version : S&D halts when scanning for Virtumonde.sci

sreed888
2008-11-04, 17:48
I am running in Windows XP sp4, S&D 1.6.0.30, with update 1.6.3.25.

When S&D is scanning for Virtumonde.sci it always stops and recommends that I reboot and scan again. If I select "Yes" and reboot, it automatically scans after the reboot and during that scan it stops and recommends a reboot.

As I understand it, S&D is recommending a reboot because some file is not accessible and it assumes it will be accessible when it runs after the reboot. That assumption appears to be incorrect.

This is a problem because it halts the S&D scan and stops the system from coming up after a reboot.

If this is a bug, is there a work around? If it's not a bug and S&D is supposed to work this way now, I'll stop using it.

Spybotuserr
2008-11-04, 17:58
Hi Sreed888,

Is this the same problem I am having? (Refer to thread http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=35981)

Thanks,

Simon

sreed888
2008-11-04, 19:21
Simon,
My problem is similar to yours and probably has the same solution (if there is one) but I do not see a blue screen and am not seeing the system reboot by itself. I started this thread because my problem is much simpler than yours, which seems to have many aspects and variations. I hope someone who knows what's going on will help us out soon.
Scott

Spybotuserr
2008-11-05, 13:02
Hi Sreed888,

Dude - try updating to the latest Spybot definition files from today (November 5) and run the scan again.

I did exactly that and the message disappeared! I never clicked 'fix all selected problems' and changed nothing on my system so the problem must have been with Spybot itself.

Looks as if the Spybot Gods have fixed the problem with Spybot and everything's back to normal :D

Hope that helps!

Simon