PDA

View Full Version : Tea Timer turned off by itself :(

rcher
2008-11-05, 15:37
I am using Spybot S&D 1.6.0.31 Latest detection updates was November 5, 2008. After updating and immunizing, I ran a full scan which was clean (no threats detected). However, the Tea Timer disappeared from my system tray towards the end of the scan.

Does anyone know why this occurred? How may I restart it? Do I need to restart my system in order to turn it back on?

2008-11-05, 16:00
in the windows start bar near the clock? Try restarting the computer and see if it appears again. Also, if those suggestions don't work, try going into mode-advanced mode. Click yes. Then click tools-resident. Then make sure teatimer is checked. It will say teatimer protection over all systems active. If it is checked, try unchecking it and then rechecking it. If it is unchecked, place a checkmark on it.

Let me know if that helps :)

antdude
2008-11-05, 21:52
I am using Spybot S&D 1.6.0.31 Latest detection updates was November 5, 2008. After updating and immunizing, I ran a full scan which was clean (no threats detected). However, the Tea Timer disappeared from my system tray towards the end of the scan. I think an update exited TeaTimer. :( I noticed this recently.

2008-11-05, 22:13
I think an update exited TeaTimer. :( I noticed this recently.

That should solve the problem. :)

artist
2008-11-05, 23:34
i also had this today after the update. for no reason TT used vanished some time after i updated. and wouldnt come back on til i restarted.

one extra thing tho, i found if u create a shortcut and tell it to point at:

C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\TeaTimer.exe

u can create a shortcut on the desktop to restart TT if it should vanish again.

i think u will have to cut and paste the text to the shortcut tho because i couldnt find the teatimer.exe file in the folder with browse. i think it is hidden.

Steve

drragostea
2008-11-06, 00:29
If there has been an update to TeaTimer, then it might not appear for a while after it has updated.
A simple reboot will resolve the problem.

Acamas
2008-11-06, 00:57
...Tea Timer disappeared from my system tray towards the end of the scan."Disappeared"? - You lucky one!

Scince 11/5-update, my TT is hanging at CPU:95%, and even reboot doesn't solve the problem. :eek:

drragostea
2008-11-06, 03:23
Logonaut,
What version of Spybot-Search&Destroy are you running (Spybot>About>About)?
Also what version of TeaTimer are you running? You'll have to right click the TeaTimer taskbar icon and click 'About'.

Acamas
2008-11-06, 03:36
Logonaut, What version......all up to date = latest versions, if there hadn't been updates within the last few days! :)

drragostea
2008-11-06, 05:14
Also what version of TeaTimer are you running? You'll have to right click the TeaTimer taskbar icon and click 'About'.
^^
l
l

Acamas
2008-11-06, 10:42
^^OK, sorry, here you are*:

TeaTimer.exe: 1.6.3.25
- filesize=1833296
- timestamp[file]=2008-09-16 11:16:08
- field[version]=FileVersion|1, 6, 3, 25
- field[version]=OriginalFilename|TeaTimer.exe

SpyBotSD.exe: 1.6.0.30
- filesize=4891472
- timestamp[file]=2008-07-07 08:42:04
- field[version]=FileVersion|1, 6, 0, 30
- field[version]=OriginalFilename|SpyBotSD.exe

Last download: detection rules, 2008-11-05

- TT had been running during scheduled download of the detection rules.
- Freezing of TT occured during the first scan after 11/5 update.
- After several reboots TT hangs again each time.

* Didn't want to open TT again to avoid another reboot. So the information above comes from Filealyzer.

drragostea
2008-11-07, 06:06
Hello Logonaut. Your TeaTimer version seems to be the latest (beta, if I'm correct), so there should be no problems.

I'm a bit confused on what your problem is.
Have you rebooted the computer after the update (I do not mean like instantly like that, but I mean after you've done what you needed on the computer and shut-down for the night)?

Like I said before, if the TeaTimer icon does not appear after the update, then it should reappear after a reboot. TeaTimer starts up during boot right :santa:?

Acamas
2008-11-07, 13:15
@dr.ragos:

Yes, it's the latest version, as I said before. ;)

Yes, I restarted the computer, "several times" as I said before. ;)

Yes, the TT icon appears after reboot, and it never disappeared.
Maybe, it was a bit confusing to mention this issue right here in this thread, as the thread deals with a "disappearing of TT" issue, whereas I said to the thread starter "You lucky one!", meaning: "Your TT 'disappears only', while my TT freezes." But I thought, it could be the same reason, the same issue right after the 11/5 update - just with a different behavior on different machines/systems/context.Core of the trouble is: Since the last update (11/5) TT did NOT disappear BUT hangs with 95% CPU usage after a few minutes - even after a couple of reboots/restarts: always after a few minutes.

However, drragostea, don't worry about this issue now!!

Regrettably, right at this moment I do not have the time to experiment and tinker with the issue. But I'll do so as soon as possible to deliver you a detailed trouble report - IF* the problem still occurs after reactivating TT.
* I'm not the kind of man who believes in mysticism and mystics - except concerning computers, as I'm using computers actively since the late Eighties of the last century. So I wouldn't be surprised if the problem disappears "by itself", anyhow. So let's wait and see, what TT is going to do or not to do, when I'll turn it on again. I'll tell you about. ;)