PDA

View Full Version : TeaTimer

egadd
2008-11-07, 05:32
I have Spybot 1.5.2.2.0
I had just started Pidgin IM when I started getting TeaTimer BHO popups about values being deleted

(When this started I closed down all open applications & disconnected the ethernet cable)

{31FF080D-12A3-439A-A2EF-4BA95A3148E8} msie2gr.dll (GetRight) .. I thought I clicked the deny button but the log file says that it was deleted based on user decision.

I checked the log file & it said (Didn't get a popup about this)
{53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D794284F} SDhelper.dll (SpyBot)
log file says it was deleted based on authenticode whitelist

{601ED020-FB6C-11D3-87D8-0050DA59922B} wsbho2k0.dll (WS_FTP)
Deny change was grayed out .... log file says it was deleted based on user decision

{76149BB-D6F0-462C-B6EB-D4DAF1D92D43} ssv.dll (Sun_Java_software) Deny change was grayed out .... log file says it was deleted based on user decision

Then I got the popups about the above except this time saying Value added which I accepted.

I did not have GetRight or WS_FTP open at the time, I did have Firefox open, but I didn't change or update Java, & had not recently installed any program. I did do a scan with Spybot & AVG Anti-virus & no threats were found.

What happened??? Do I have a problem?

drragostea
2008-11-07, 05:40
Actually, no you do not have a problem. I'm not sure what may be the cause of the BHO deletion. Are you sure it was "deleted", not Denied? When it is deleted based on user decision, it means that it was removed and you allowed it.

When the Deny button is grayed out, it means that you cannot prevent the change from occurring, because whatever you do, you cannot undo it. So basically, TeaTimer is telling you that something happened.

FYI, you are using a dated version of Spybot-Search&Destroy. The latest version is 1.6.0.30. Download it here:
http://www.safer-networking.org/en/mirrors/index.html
-

egadd
2008-11-07, 05:57
According to the log file they were deleted....
Except for the first DELETE popup I had no option to deny because the deny button was grayed out.

When the ADDED popups started they all had the DENY button available. The first one for GetRight I didn't read carefully & see that it was ADDING back the value that had just been deleted & I clicked the Deny button.... The other 2 I saw that it was adding the value back so I clicked the Allow button & the values are back to normal.

These popups all came one right after another with no pause in between...
I was afraid that I had some virus/Trojan problem

(Once I'm sure there is no problem I will update Spybot) Right now I'm using a different computer to be online.

drragostea
2008-11-07, 06:10
This "Get Right" software seems to have to do with a Download Manager...

I skimmed through your post and I was just thinking that you may have mixed up the options, like if you planned to Allow the addition you accidentally Denied it.

You do not have a problem, this is just merely prompts from TeaTimer telling you that something has changed.

The reason that I'm telling you to upgrade is because TeaTimer 1.6 has a better advantage, the use of white/blacklists.