PDA

View Full Version : antivirus pro 2009

silvio
2008-11-08, 16:34
Hello,
I seem to have a malware calling itself Antivirus Pro 2009 that is wreaking havoc on my lap top.

I am unable to open SpyBot S&D, I asume this malware is to blame.

I would appreciate any suggestions on how to deal with this nasty pice of software.

tashi
2008-11-08, 18:17
Hello,

Can you produce a HJT log as shown in the topic here: "BEFORE you POST"(READ this Procedure BEFORE Requesting Assistance) (http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=288)
If so, please copy paste the HJT log into a new topic.

Let us know how it goes. :)

silvio
2008-11-09, 03:01
I have tried to download HJT on my infected laptop and it will not download. I used a different machine and downloaded HJT onto a disk and tried to open and install it on my infected laptop. The installer opens and asks for the path I would like to install it to and that is all. It goes no further. HJT shows up as a new program but will not run. It seems like I cannot run anything that is .exe

katana
2008-11-18, 00:32
I'm sorry for the delay Silvio, your post got overlooked.

Do you still require help ?

katana
2008-11-23, 18:44
Due to inactivity, this thread will now be closed.

Note:If it has been five days or more since your last post, and the helper assisting you posted a response to that post to which you did not reply, your topic will not be reopened. At that point, if you still require help, please start a new topic and include a fresh HijackThis log and a link to your previous thread.

If it has been less than five days since your last response and you need the thread re-opened, please send me or MOD a private message (pm). A valid, working link to the closed topic is required.