PDA

View Full Version : How Do I Remove Update-to-Version 1.60 Installation Files?

yorkere
2008-11-10, 19:22
I updated to Version 1.60. During the update process a dialog box advised I needed to re-boot. When I did, the update had not continued. Instead a desktop icon for installing the update was on my desktop. Using this, the update was accomplished. This icon is titled "spybotsd160"

However the icon remains, and apparently there is still 14.2 Mb still residing somewhere, that I need to remove.

Right-clicking on the icon & choosing "Properties" does NOT reveal where these install files are!

How can I locate them and remove?

TIA!

PepiMK
2008-11-10, 21:03
The .exe extension might not show, but spybotsd160.exe on your desktop is the file that is about 14 MB large. So you can just drag this icon to the Recycle Bin :)

yorkere
2008-11-11, 01:04
The .exe extension might not show, but spybotsd160.exe on your desktop is the file that is about 14 MB large. So you can just drag this icon to the Recycle Bin :)

PepiMK:

Thank you so much for this quick response!

That of course, is the reason I couldn't locate the file anywhere, using "properties"; it was on the desktop itself?

Anyway, I'll do it to it right now!

Thanks again!

Robert

drragostea
2008-11-11, 03:53
york:
After Spybot has been successfully installed, the desktop icon that is created will be called "Spybot - Search & Destroy". The installer file that is used to install Spybot will be called "spybotsd160".

yorkere
2008-11-11, 04:34
york:
After Spybot has been successfully installed, the desktop icon that is created will be called "Spybot - Search & Destroy". The installer file that is used to install Spybot will be called "spybotsd160".

drragostea:

Thanks for the help; a prior post has helped out also. I happily discarded the no-longer-needed installer file...

Robert