PDA

View Full Version : Soundmix.exe problem

Emcid
2008-11-10, 22:36
Hello,
My SpyBot discovered a soundmix.exe trojan on my computer. Unfortunately, it was unable to delete it - it displayed 'problem solved successfully', but upon rebooting the soundmix was again there. So I googled the file a few times and came upon this (http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=35876&mode=linear) thread. I did as was said - downloaded the Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and ran a full-scan. It displayed that in order to remove the soundmix.exe trojan, I have to reboot the system. So I did.

The problem is, now each and every *.exe file does not work. When I try to run any program, it displays 'Choose a program with which you want to run the following file: *.exe' - it includes programs such as regedit.exe and other system ones. Processes running are:
svchost.exe(a dozen times - it's funny that THIS exe file's running... And hey, is it supposed to be running a dozen times?)
wuauclt.exe
taskmgr.exe
explorer.exe
spoolsv.exe
wdfmgr.exe
lsass.exe
services.exe
winlogon.exe
csrss.exe
smss.exe
wscntfy.exe
alg.exe
HPZipm12.exe
nvsvc32.exe
System

I think that's all. The only way of starting the WEB BROWSER is by choosing the 'Find a suitable program on Web' - clicking on icon does not work.
How can I solve this problem? Preferably using only my browser - I know it complicates matters, but now there is no antivirus or antimalware program that I can run, due to my exe error.
Oh, and - is my processes list OK? Or are there some suspicious files?

Thank you for help!
Kind regards,

katana
2008-11-15, 01:18
Please note that all instructions given are customised for this computer only, the tools used may cause damage if used on a computer with different infections.

If you think you have similar problems, please post a log in the HJT forum and wait for help.

Hello and welcome to the forums

My name is Katana and I will be helping you to remove any infection(s) that you may have.

Please observe these rules while we work:
Please Read All Instructions Carefully
If you don't understand something, stop and ask! Don't keep going on.
Please do not run any other tools or scans whilst I am helping you
Please continue to respond until I give you the "All Clear"
(Just because you can't see a problem doesn't mean it isn't there)

If you can do those few things, everything should go smoothly http://www.countingcows.de/laechel.gif

I apologize for the delay in responding, but as you can probably see the forums are quite busy
and helpers look for posts with zero replies.
Unfortunately there are far more people needing help than there are helpers.

If you still require help please post a fresh Hijack This log to this thread.
I will be notified and I will get back to you ASAP.

Please Note, your security programs may give warnings for some of the tools I will ask you to use.
Be assured, any links I give are safe

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Are you able to access System Restore and restore your machine to a point before you installed MalwareBytes ?

katana
2008-11-23, 00:34
Due to inactivity, this thread will now be closed.

Note:If it has been five days or more since your last post, and the helper assisting you posted a response to that post to which you did not reply, your topic will not be reopened. At that point, if you still require help, please start a new topic and include a fresh HijackThis log and a link to your previous thread.

If it has been less than five days since your last response and you need the thread re-opened, please send me or MOD a private message (pm). A valid, working link to the closed topic is required.