PDA

View Full Version : need help with Virtumonde...

arch08
2008-11-12, 03:06
Virtumonde Trojans are on my computer and Spybot has not been able to remove them for me. How do I get rid of them? (at least 2 or 3 pop up every time I do a scan).

pskelley
2008-11-12, 22:48
Welcome to Safer Networking, I wish to be sure you have viewed and understand this information.
"BEFORE you POST" (READ this Procedure before Requesting Assistance) http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=288
All advice given is taken at your own risk.
Please make sure you have read this information so we are on the same page.

Make sure you read and follow the directions, anything else will slow the process and waste both of our time. I suggest you keep this computer offline except when troubleshooting, the junk may download more. If you have any tool I use, delete it and download it new from the link I provide. Read and follow the directions carefully, the tools will not work unless you do.
The junk can be tough to remove, so do not expect fast or easy.

If you still want help, we will start like this.

1) Post an uninstall list like this:
Open Hijackthis.
Click the "Open the Misc Tools" section Button.
Click the "Open Uninstall Manager" Button.
Click the "Save list..." Button.
Save it to your desktop. Copy and paste the contents into your reply.
(You may edit out Microsoft, Hotfixes, Security Update for Windows XP,
Update for Windows XP and Windows XP Hotfix to shorten the list)

2) Download Trend Micro Hijack This™ to your Desktop
http://download.bleepingcomputer.com/hijackthis/HJTInstall.exe
Doubleclick the HJTInstall.exe to start it.
By default it will install HijackThis in the Program Files\Trendmicro folder and create a desktop shortcut.
HijackThis will open after install. Press the Scan button below.
This will start the scan and open a log.
Copy and paste the contents of the log in your next reply.

Thanks

arch08
2008-11-14, 19:58
I'm not that great with computers. Is there any way you could help me using simpler instructions?

pskelley
2008-11-14, 20:03
If you can not follow those instructions, you should ask someone to help you or seek help elsewhere. I does not get easier than those directions and it will get more complex from here.

Thanks

pskelley
2008-11-22, 00:55
Due to the lack of feedback this Topic is closed.

If you need this topic reopened, please request this by sending the moderating team
a PM with the address of the thread. This applies only to the original topic starter.

If it has been five days or more since your last post, and the helper assisting you posted a response to that post to which you did not reply, your topic will not be reopened. At that point, if you still require help, please start a new topic and include a fresh HijackThis log and a link to your previous thread.

If it has been less than five days since your last response and you need the thread re-opened, please send me or your helper a private message (pm). A valid, working link to the closed topic is required.

Everyone else please begin a New Topic.