PDA

View Full Version : how to delete spybot

johnedward
2008-11-14, 04:16
I am having the worst time with this software, I cannot do a single thing without it asking me to allow something or not. Cannot uninstall this damn software. Please give me complete instructions on how to remove this.

drragostea
2008-11-14, 04:20
Instructions are simple:
Uninstall it :laugh:.
-
Excuse the joke.
Basically, all you have to do is a simple uninstall via your Add/Remove Programs window. There's nothing else to that.

You know, you can always disable it's Resident Shield (TeaTimer; the program that is giving you all the prompts of 'Allow' and 'Deny').

You have to run Spybot in Advanced Mode>Tools>Resident and disable the second box. You will no longer receive prompts.

Simple?

johnedward
2008-11-14, 04:30
Gee wow never thougth of that one. I have uninstalled, but folder remains in place as safe as can be. cannot right click delete. And it does not show up in my add or remove programs, but it is still listed in my programs file.

drragostea
2008-11-14, 04:46
You should have mentioned that first then...
Your first post was too vague, so I was assuming you did not uninstall Spybot-SD yet :snorkle:.
-
Try removing the Program Folder in 'Safe Mode'. There should be no way that the folder is "in use" or "locked" after Spybot has been uninstalled and the PC has been rebooted.

johnedward
2008-11-14, 04:47
Will give that a try. Thank you

halsey
2008-11-14, 04:49
Well I went to uninstall & the file to do so is Gone!:sad: I would much like to uninstall so I can Reinstall as there are apparently so files missing for whatever reason. I do like this program & want it back running properly with all its parts:red:

drragostea
2008-11-15, 03:32
halsey, so you have attempted to uninstall Spybot? Was there an error? If the uninstaller file is missing, you'll have to either install the same version over your current version and then uninstall.