PDA

View Full Version : Fixed (Heuristics): Spybouncer - possible false positive

Fred232
2008-11-15, 18:13
I think this is a false positive. Can others confirm please.

Running XP SP2 updated, with Spybot S&D 1.6.0.31 updated today 15-11-08 (update date 12/11/08)

I noticed, by accident, that if I create a ZIP file on my desktop, and it is empty, then the file fails a 'right-click' SpyBot SCAN with 'Heuristic scan' finding 'Spybouncer' but passes the Malware SCAN.

A full system SCAN with Spybot finds nothing at all, as does a full scan with my updated AV.

However, if I put anything in the blank ZIP file, even another blank newly created ZIP file or an empty text document, it doesn't fail. All passes OK.

I did search and found this link - http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=36156&highlight=spybouncer - but whilst I haven't checked it all, I do not have a <$PROGRAMFILES>\Bouncer directory that I can find (Hidden files and folders are set to show), and I couldn't find this either <$PROGRAMFILES>\Bouncer\liveupdate.exe in MSConfig.

A windows search for 'bouncer' also finds nothing.

I have not knowingly installed SpyBouncer, and Im not getting any pop-ups.

Does anyone else notice this, or is it just me? Is it an FP?

MisterW
2008-11-18, 08:37
Hello Fred,
thank you for reporting that issue. I can confirm that it is a false positive and it will be fixed with our next update scheduled for Wednesday. :oops:

Best regards,
Markus :bigthumb:

Fred232
2008-11-19, 14:42
Confirmed clear.

Thanks