PDA

View Full Version : Nothing in Document Setting nor Program Files

Sundancer2008
2008-11-16, 03:08
I have Spybot - S&D 1.6 but something strange has happened. When we install it usually there are programs in Document Setting and in Program Files. I have nothing, I checked the wastebasket, found them did a restore and the disappeared.

Would I be better to uninstall and re-install?

drragostea
2008-11-16, 05:10
Your post is somewhat vague. I do not understand what what you are trying to say.

Can you please clarify? Where is this "Document" and Program Files?

Sundancer2008
2008-11-16, 06:01
When you click on 'start' then 'work place' then 'Disc C' after which you can choose to double click either 'document settings which gives C:\Documents and Settings or 'programs files which gives C:\Program Files.

After clicking 'start' then accessories I find Spybot -S&D with the following items:
- Spybot - S&D
-Tutorial
-Uninstall Spybot - S&D
-Update Spybot - S&D
- Spybot - S&D (advanced)
Usually I can find these in 'documents and settings'
BUT THERE IS NOTHING

In 'program files" all I find is the Spybot -S&D file folder but it is empty and before it would have the different programs in Spybot.

Is there any way I can retrieve these files or am I better off to uninstall and re-install?

drragostea
2008-11-16, 17:49
Basically you're saying that there is nothing in the Programs Folder?

Can you start Spybot-SD?

Sundancer2008
2008-11-17, 02:34
Basically you're saying that there is nothing in the Programs Folder?

Exactly. I realized this when I wanted to go into 'TeaTimer' properties to remove the check at 'read only' because I need to change a deny to accept.

Can you start Spybot-SD?[/FONT]

Yes I can. Ran it yesterday and it found no problems.

drragostea
2008-11-17, 04:38
Wow, this really confuses me... A program running without any Program Files.

Alright, try to uninstall Spybot-Search&Destroy and perform a fresh install from here:
http://www.spybot.com/en/mirrors/index.html
-
But first disable TeaTimer and SDHelper via Advanced Mode.

Sundancer2008
2008-11-17, 05:00
Thanks I will let you know what happened.

Sundancer2008
2008-11-20, 03:36
Uninstalled and reinstalled Spybot-S&D as you recommended. As you recommended I disabled TeaTimer & SD Helper during the download. When it was finished I did an update, and ran Spybot. No problems were found.

All seemed to go well. Now to activate Teatimer & SD helper do I just put checks in the boxes in Resident (TeaTimer & SD Helper) or do I need to do something special.

drragostea
2008-11-20, 03:41
All seemed to go well. Now to activate Teatimer & SD helper do I just put checks in the boxes in Resident (TeaTimer & SD Helper) or do I need to do something special.
Nothing special : ).
How are the Program Files doing?

Sundancer2008
2008-11-20, 04:26
All the components are there so far.

I don't know why I am have trouble with Spybot - S&D. It seem to go well for a while and them it doesn't.

Thank you very much for you help.

drragostea
2008-11-20, 05:35
You're very welcome.
But if something else should come up in the future, feel free to ask.