PDA

View Full Version : windows mobile 6.1 error

joeycamp26
2008-11-16, 11:19
I have Windows Mobile 6.1 on a sprint touch. im trying to run spybot ver 0.3 on my pocketpc. When i try to run a scan i get a error AdvancedCheck Failed. Could not load library \program files\spybot\spybotadv.dll. I checked and the file does exist, located on the main memory. I have tried to reinstall and re-download the setup. nothing changed. Any help on this i would greatly appericate it. Thanks
Joey

PepiMK
2008-11-16, 20:26
When we created the last updates for the mobile edition two weeks ago I think, we tested on 6.1 for the first time without problems.

The Touch Sprint already comes with 6.1, right? (just to know that its not one of those home cooked things ;) )

joeycamp26
2008-11-16, 22:17
The Sprint wm 6.1 update is offical from the htc website. Under settings it shows Windows mobile 6.1 professional ce os 5.2.19208 (build 19208.1.0.1).

bensnowclark
2008-12-01, 14:39
I have an HTC Touch HD and the problem I have is almost identical except that I can't find the dll anywhere on my device! Any help would be appreciated. Maybe attach the dll file here so we can add it manually?

joeycamp26
2008-12-02, 04:56
I Wish i could upload it here for u. At least you might it get it to work. I copied the file compressed it to zip then found out there is a limit on zip files of 97.7kb. The zip file is 222kb. In the setup Cab file there are three files, the file named s5hbn1~j.002 should be the file spybotadv.dll. It just needs to be extracted and renamed. the file on my phone spybotadv.dll , has the same date and size as the compressed file. You might give it a try. :santa:

rkonert
2008-12-16, 01:40
Has anybody found a way to fix this yet? I still can't get it working even with trying those steps. If I explore my phone through my computer I can see the .dll file, but for some reason when I search through my phone I can't see it. This is before renaming the other file. I get the same results after.

joeycamp26
2008-12-16, 06:35
Check and see if the attributes for dll file is hidden. Im not for sure but i think spybot just needs some minor tweaking. I have had other programs like mundu radio quit working after the wm6.1 update, until they gave me a unrealsed version that fixed the loading problem. Lets only hope.:bigthumb:

joeycamp26
2008-12-16, 06:47
PepiMK, is there any software that i can run on my ppc that will give you a better idea of whats going on? if theres any to to provide more info to get this issue resolved id love to help. thanks.

akoybobo
2008-12-17, 15:30
I also have the error accessing that specific DLL when trying to load the latest mobile version.

I have AT&T's HTC Fuze ... which is AT&T's branded version of the HTC Touch Pro (AKA 'Rafael'). It hasn't been unlocked or ROM cooked in any way (yet).

I have the same symptoms. Where the built-in file explorer for Win Mo does not show the file, but the PC's file explorer while Active Sync connected sees that the file exists. (Is that possibly normal behavior for Win Mo and DLL's?)

I loaded "Total Commander" file manager on the device and it shows the file and shows that it does not have the hidden or system file property.

Possibly an unrelated symptom ... but before even attempting the scan or receiving the DLL error, the software does not seem to be able to read the battery/charging status.

Does the DLL have to be registered and is there a tool I can try to view it's registration status? A cursory google search for registering DLL's on Win Mo didn't provide much beyond the application dev info. Nothing I could use for diagnostics.

I'd be happy to help test a solution as there aren't many alternative security apps I've found that work on Win Mo and are fully free to use.

access2828
2009-01-08, 21:29
I am in the same boat, I have an ATT Tilt (aka HTC TyTnII) and when I load Spybot it says that there is no battery even though it is fully charged AND plugged into an outlet. Also , I get the same "cannot find spybotadv.dll" error message when I try to run a scan. I am running WM 6.1 and the spybotadv.dll file is definitely in the proper folder, etc.

Netspider
2009-03-15, 16:03
it isn't surprising that I also have the problems with my PocketPC and SpybotSD 0.3 ;)

Device: Samsung i900 Omnia

apart from the problems in the other posts the program takes my start bar (top of screen) and puts it at the bottom where the soft keys should be - maybe that has something to do with the resolution of 240x400 of the Omnia (most other devices have 240x320!)

I attached some images of the program. the time that is shown doesn't shange, it stays at 00:00, 00:05 or 00:10 (depending on db version?), the file which is scanned doesn't change either.

bluebonnets
2009-03-22, 23:58
I have the Samsung Omnia i910 and have the same issues as the previous users, in addition to the weird start menu bar issue the other omnia user had.

The SpybotAdv.dll file is in the appropriate directory both when I check it via my laptop and in the phone. I noticed my phone doesn't list file extensions, which is weird. I renamed the files to include the extensions (e.g. .dll) but it made no difference.

I would really like to use a trustworthy product like Spybot on my phone but it seems this has been going on for 5 months with no resolution (judging from the first post in Nov. 08.) Has anyone contacted the administrators? Otherwise, it looks like we have no choice but to use an alternative program. :( It's not worth leaving your phone at risk.

Danj210
2009-04-30, 23:16
When we created the last updates for the mobile edition two weeks ago I think, we tested on 6.1 for the first time without problems.

The Touch Sprint already comes with 6.1, right? (just to know that its not one of those home cooked things ;) )

I am surprised that I only saw 1 single response from a spybot Dev or team member, which is at the beginning of the thread which tells me that they just responded to one person's question, with an answer of "We tested it and it works, are you using a cooked rom? have a nice day." Shouldn't the team be testing the phone with WM 6.1 that IS HAVING the problem? Obviously it's only a certain kind of phone and not WM 6.1 on ANY phone. There are many questions here and people who have tried stuff... but no more responses from the Spybot Team? Why don't you give us the coding to your software so we can fix this for you guys if you want us to debate how to fix it in your forums... Or just test it yourselves and fix it that way. Either way it will have to be fixed whomever does it if you guys want people to use your program when the HTC touch pro will probably start being an upgrade to most older pocket pc's. I know mine was and now I have to forget about using spybot. If that's what you guys are going for then it's happening.

Also I think that the reply should be removed stating that sprint has released an official 6.1 WM update... :joeycamp26: "The Sprint wm 6.1 update is offical from the htc website. Under settings it shows Windows mobile 6.1 professional ce os 5.2.19208 (build 19208.1.0.1)."

Which that is IN-CORRECT. I've called HTC and Sprint and there is no update for US devices.... The update they have on the HTC site is for foreign devices as you would be looking at the internation HTC site and not the actually US site. This would hurt people who have US devices and come to a US forum for US answers.

Danj210
2009-04-30, 23:19
the sprint wm 6.1 update is offical from the htc website. Under settings it shows windows mobile 6.1 professional ce os 5.2.19208 (build 19208.1.0.1).

this is false and could screw up your phone. You can't ever downgrade from this once you upgrade it is not for sprint, it is not for us phones. It is for foreign htc touch pro's.

Guardian666
2009-06-16, 21:41
it isn't surprising that I also have the problems with my PocketPC and SpybotSD 0.3 ;)

Device: Samsung i900 Omnia

apart from the problems in the other posts the program takes my start bar (top of screen) and puts it at the bottom where the soft keys should be - maybe that has something to do with the resolution of 240x400 of the Omnia (most other devices have 240x320!)

I attached some images of the program. the time that is shown doesn't shange, it stays at 00:00, 00:05 or 00:10 (depending on db version?), the file which is scanned doesn't change either.

I have been having this same issue as have others and posted in this thread http://forums.spybot.info/showpost.php?p=303282&postcount=1 and got a couple of replies but no real progress is being made it seems. Probably focusing on the major version instead of the auxiliary ones.

algorythmn
2009-07-31, 23:18
Check and see if the attributes for dll file is hidden. Im not for sure but i think spybot just needs some minor tweaking. I have had other programs like mundu radio quit working after the wm6.1 update, until they gave me a unrealsed version that fixed the loading problem. Lets only hope.:bigthumb:

No, the .dll is present and it just has Archive-bit set. Same with the other files in the folder. No go on Omnia...

algorythmn
2009-07-31, 23:25
I have a Samsung Omina through Verizon. The hardware mfg AND the carrier get to customize the software bundle, et al., so thought maybe the extra info could help...

DustBunny
2009-08-08, 08:45
I'm having the same deal with the DLL files not being recognized. The updates work fine, but scanning won't work! I have an HTC Fuze with ROM version 5.11.502.2, the most recent one for Raphael. Maybe someone should make a donation to the developers ;)

bubbah
2009-12-21, 19:43
I have a Motorola Motosurf a3100 phone touchscreen with Windows Mobile 6.1 and a fast 16gb microSDHC6 and spybot 0.3/1.5 installed fine and gives error "cannot load SpybotAdv.dll" which is present at the path indicated. Changed the attribute from ARCHIVE to no attributes ...no joy! ...why in the world would you make a program that doesn't work on the currently sold operating system? Is there a work-around for this?

bubbah
2009-12-24, 21:40
if anyone is looking at this problem??

Guardian666
2009-12-26, 02:23
if anyone is looking at this problem??

As they have already said, they are focusing on 2.0 so the short answer is NO.

eren89
2010-01-03, 18:04
I have a LG Incite, with WinMobile 6.1. I figured it'd be a good idea to have Spybot on my phone, but all it does is make my phone crash. I can install it, update it, but nothing else. When I try to scan it freezes my phone up. It won't let me run it in the background, and when I think its scanning, its actually doing nothing but freezing up my phone. I have to "reboot" my phone just for it to function kinda properly. Is there a fix for that?

I use my college's wifi and I'd really like a way to make sure my phone is safe.

daves.not.here
2011-09-26, 03:58
I have a Samsung Code (SCH-i220) running Windows Mobile 6.5 and I get the same error message.

Why do they still have it up in the download section when it doesn't work? :confused:

At least take it down so people don't waste their time.

:thanks:
Dave