PDA

View Full Version : Blocked items, blacklisted processes

cheryl
2006-04-12, 12:51
Hello to everyone. I've used Spybot for over two years, and know it's a wonderful program.

I do have a question, tho: When I immunize, I will get a message telling me; 1) all bad items are already blocked, or 2) the number of items already blocked, plus a number of additional items that can be blocked. Together, the blocked items amount to several thousand.

According to the Spybot icon in system tray, 1173 processes are blacklisted, and that number stays constant.

Are the blocked items previously referred to different from the blacklisted processes? Or, do I have a setting wrong somewhere?

Thanks much for your help.:scratch:

spybotsandra
2006-04-12, 13:14
Hello,

1. This is a little bug in Spybot - Search & Destroy. The programm tries to immunize other accounts.
Probably, you do not have the rights to immunize because you are running Spybot-S&D as a normal user and not as admin.
As a current solution you can try to "Undo" the Immunisation. Now the bad products are allowed.
Then "Immunize" again. This should solve the problem for now.
We are about to locate this bug and fix it.
The fix will be downloadable with our next program upgrade.
We hope that it will be available soon.

Some more information is availible in our forum:
http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=78

2. The number of the blacklisted items in the resident TeaTimer is independently from the immunization.

Best regards
Sandra
Team Spybot

Zenobia
2006-04-12, 13:21
No,they are separate.The 1173 has to do with teatimer,the several thousand blocked items you see have to do with Spybot's immunization.

Zenobia
2006-04-12, 13:22
Apoligies,I did not see you there. :)

cheryl
2006-04-12, 13:54
Thanks to both of you, Sandra and Zenobia. I feel better now, and will definitely use the link provided to learn more.

Davy49
2006-05-24, 05:24
Hello All,
I have a question about this statement,
" According to the Spybot icon in system tray, 1173 processes are blacklisted, and that number stays constant." Doesn't the process list ever get updated ?
Thanks,
David