PDA

View Full Version : something is wrong, I do not know what!!!!!!!!!!!

sweety
2008-11-16, 16:43
My computer is slowing down, I do not know if it is a virus or what, I restarted my computer and then when it was loading it said that it is checking for file name ntfs, and it recommened to not stop the check but then it stops by itself and then the computer loads to open, I do not know what it is.. please if you have any idea what should I do let me know. I thought it was from my virus scan so I changed it to kaspersky the 30 day thing, but then I ran combo fix and now the anti virus it is not working and If I open control panel to delete something it wont let me.

drragostea
2008-11-16, 17:37
Something might be very wrong. It is probably self-explanatory that users should not run ComboFix or SmitFraudFix etc, without proper supervision. In extreme cases, the consequences could render a unbootable machine.

At the moment can you at least boot your machine?

sweety
2008-11-16, 20:51
I already did, and when the computer opens a small dialog opens for combo fix for couple seconds and then it shuts off as if it is starting but nothing happens.

sweety
2008-11-16, 21:10
I just restarted my computer and this is what is doing, before windows opens it is showing this (checking file system on c, the type of the file system is ntfs. One of your disks needs to be checked for consistency, you may cancel the disk check but it is strongly recommended that you continue..disk checking has been canceled) and then the computer starts normal, but when I sign in to my account and dialog for combo fix opens for few seconds and then it closes, and then everything soooo slow for couple minutes then it works really good. About the anti virus it is working fine now and I can get to the control panel, I do not know what happened, it just started working by it self. I deleted the kaspersky anti virus and I have avast now. Thanks for the reply, and I know for next time not to run combo fix without supervision:oops:, I really thought it would fix the problem, but I guess it is worst now..:red:

md usa spybot fan
2008-11-16, 22:39
Sweety:

The acronym NTFS stands for New Technology File System which is the standard file system for Microsoft Windows NT/2000/XP/Vista and Windows Server 2003/2008. In other words it is the method used to store and access data on your hard drive.

Although you only generically described the message you were getting as "…checking for file name ntfs …", I have never encountered any similar messages about NTFS during system startup.

A message concerning NTFS during system startup would indicate to me that the there is distinct possibility that the system was having difficulty accessing the file system on the primary hard drive either because the hard drive itself was failing or the drivers use to accessing the primary hard drive have corrupted or compromised.

Assuming a worst case scenario of a hard drive failing, do you have a bootable copy of your current primary hard drive or the ability to recreate your hard drive it without data loss? If not, I suggest that consider taking steps to create a one before you continue any other course of action.

sweety
2008-11-16, 23:45
Okay, so what I do, I really do not know how to do that.

sweety
2008-11-17, 02:25
How do I stop the combo fix that still pops up for a second every time I restart the computer, thanks

sweety
2008-11-17, 03:05
Hooray, about the problem that I had with ntfs, it is working now, I turned off the computer but then it just restarted and fixed the problem. The only problem I have is that combo fix it keeps poping up when the computer starts, and I think I have a lot of viruses like smithfraud and stuff... I did a virus scan it deleted a lot of them.:bigthumb:

sweety
2008-11-17, 12:22
Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.2

md usa spybot fan
2008-11-17, 13:59
sweety:

ComboFix is running at system startup because you have a startup entry for it:

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [combofix] C:\WINDOWS\system32\CF22567.exe /c C:\ComboFix\Combobatch.bat
If you go into Spybot > (Mode > Advanced Mode) > Tools > System Startup and delete the "combofix" entry, combofix will stop executing at system startup. Note: If you are running TeaTimer, make sure that you do an "Allow change" for the deletion of that entry.

sweety
2008-11-17, 15:54
I deleted the comdofix from the startup menu, and then what should I do...:sad:

md usa spybot fan
2008-11-17, 17:22
sweety:

I personally do not see anything in your system that seems malicious. However, I do see some things being loaded at system startup that may not be absolutely necessary to be started at that time.

However, this is not the proper forum for that type of analysis. Please read:
Please do NOT post hjt logs in the Spybot forum, see here for link to malware removal
http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=1266

sweety
2008-11-17, 17:47
sorry about that, I did not know.:oops: