PDA

View Full Version : Pipas and Slow Scans..

danxmanly
2006-04-12, 20:33
Greetings.. I thought I'd post my scenerio and maybe shed some light on my Pipas / Slow Scans Adventures.

One day I mysteriously found I had the Unspy Icon on my desktop. Well, I deleted the file through general windows procedures, but decided to run spybot to make sure all was gone. Fast Forward to 8 hours later.. it finally finished and found 16 baddies. Cleaned all I could but the Pipas.A ( aka wareout ) kept showing back up after another 8 hour scan.

I had read nearly every thread on the subject and was pretty leary of the daunting task(s) that looked like I was about to take on to elliminate the pest. Hijack reports, fixwareout, etc, etc..

Well, all I did was run fixwareout per their instructions, and my problem is gone. Spybot finishes scans in about 5 minutes with nothing to report. Have restarted several times and scanned as well.

Just curious.. why was my fix easier than others? Am I missing something?

My fixwareout text file:

Fixwareout ver 1.003
Last edited 04/09/2006
Post this report in the forums please

Reg Entries that were deleted
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\ruins\nzqmd
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Urls\xedocne
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Urls\gib_ogol
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Urls\repiwoh
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Urls\llun
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Urls\23plhps
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Urls\mgcppp
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Urls\tesvaf
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Urls\32refaselif

Microsoft (R) Windows Script Host Version 5.6
Random Runs removed from HKLM
"dmqzn.exe"=-

PLEASE NOTE, There WILL be LEGIT FILES LISTED. IF YOU ARE UNSURE OF WHAT IT IS LEAVE THEM ALONE.
Example ipsec6.exe is lagitamate

»»»»» Search by size and names...
* csr.exe C:\WINDOWS\System32\CSLTD.EXE

»»»»» Misc files

»»»»» Checking for older varients covered by the Rem3 tool

danxmanly
2006-04-12, 20:47
My hijack log as an attachment just in case.

illukka
2006-04-13, 10:28
hi
welcome

Please download ewido anti malware (http://www.ewido.net/en/download/) it is a free version of the program.
Install ewido security suite
When installing, under "Additional Options" uncheck..
Install background guard
Install scan via context menu

Launch ewido, there should be an icon on your desktop, double-click it.
The program will now open to the main screen.
When you run ewido for the first time, you may get a warning "Database could not be found!". Click OK. We will fix this in a moment.

You will need to update ewido to the latest definition files.
On the left hand side of the main screen click update.
Then click on Start Update.

The update will start and a progress bar will show the updates being installed.
(the status bar at the bottom will display ("Update successful")
If you are having problems with the updater, you can use this link to manually update ewido.
ewido manual updates (http://www.ewido.net/en/download/updates/)

Once the updates are installed do the following:

reboot your computer in SafeMode by doing the following:
Restart your computer
After hearing your computer beep once during startup, but before the Windows icon appears, press F8.
Instead of Windows loading as normal, a menu should appear
Select the first option, to run Windows in Safe Mode.

then launch ewido:
Click on scanner
Click on Complete System Scan and the scan will begin.
You will be prompted to clean the first infection.
Select "Perform action on all infections", then proceed.
Once the scan has completed, there will be a button located on the bottom of the screen named Save report
Click Save report.
Save the report .txt file to your desktop or a location where you can find it easily.

Close ewido security suite.

post the ewido report ( edit out the detected cookies if its big) and a fresh hiajckthis log

danxmanly
2006-04-14, 19:08
Greetings.. still not really finding too much using spybot, was seeing a doubleclick on occassion, but I think I got that one blocked out pretty much through cookie seetings on Firefox.

I still ran the Ewido and it said it found approx 33 items.. however most were in a Norton Protected recycle bin that I removed from before. There was one embedded object in a sun java file that I left alone pending futher investigation.

Here is the latest Ewido.. hijack to follow on seperate post.

Have fun! :D

and of course a very sincere thanks!

---------------------------------------------------------
ewido anti-malware - Scan report
---------------------------------------------------------

+ Created on: 11:51:19 AM, 4/14/2006
+ Report-Checksum: D096DC0B

+ Scan result:

HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\AppID\adm.EXE -> Adware.Altnet : Cleaned with backup
HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\AppID\Altnet Signing Module.EXE -> Adware.Altnet : Cleaned with backup
HKLM\SOFTWARE\PerfectNav -> Adware.KeenValue : Cleaned with backup
C:\Documents and Settings\Danny\Application Data\Sun\Java\Deployment\cache\javapi\v1.0\jar\jar.jar-1d5d1ed4-12c73c69.zip/Gummy.class -> Not-A-Virus.Exploit.ByteVerify : Error during cleaning
C:\Documents and Settings\Danny\Cookies\danny@doubleclick[1].txt -> TrackingCookie.Doubleclick : Cleaned with backup
C:\Documents and Settings\Danny\Cookies\danny@doubleclick[2].txt -> TrackingCookie.Doubleclick : Cleaned with backup
C:\Documents and Settings\Guest\Cookies\guest@msnportal.112.2o7[1].txt -> TrackingCookie.2o7 : Cleaned with backup
C:\Documents and Settings\LocalService\Cookies\system@sexlist[1].txt -> TrackingCookie.Sexlist : Cleaned with backup
:mozilla.11:C:\RECYCLER\NPROTECT\00000003.MOZ -> TrackingCookie.Doubleclick : Cleaned with backup
:mozilla.26:C:\RECYCLER\NPROTECT\00000003.MOZ -> TrackingCookie.Pointroll : Cleaned with backup
:mozilla.27:C:\RECYCLER\NPROTECT\00000003.MOZ -> TrackingCookie.Pointroll : Cleaned with backup
:mozilla.28:C:\RECYCLER\NPROTECT\00000003.MOZ -> TrackingCookie.Pointroll : Cleaned with backup
:mozilla.29:C:\RECYCLER\NPROTECT\00000003.MOZ -> TrackingCookie.Pointroll : Cleaned with backup
:mozilla.61:C:\RECYCLER\NPROTECT\00000003.MOZ -> TrackingCookie.Questionmarket : Cleaned with backup
:mozilla.62:C:\RECYCLER\NPROTECT\00000003.MOZ -> TrackingCookie.Adtech : Cleaned with backup
:mozilla.63:C:\RECYCLER\NPROTECT\00000003.MOZ -> TrackingCookie.Adtech : Cleaned with backup
:mozilla.14:C:\RECYCLER\NPROTECT\00000004.MOZ -> TrackingCookie.Doubleclick : Cleaned with backup
:mozilla.25:C:\RECYCLER\NPROTECT\00000004.MOZ -> TrackingCookie.Pointroll : Cleaned with backup
:mozilla.26:C:\RECYCLER\NPROTECT\00000004.MOZ -> TrackingCookie.Pointroll : Cleaned with backup
:mozilla.27:C:\RECYCLER\NPROTECT\00000004.MOZ -> TrackingCookie.Pointroll : Cleaned with backup
:mozilla.28:C:\RECYCLER\NPROTECT\00000004.MOZ -> TrackingCookie.Pointroll : Cleaned with backup
:mozilla.60:C:\RECYCLER\NPROTECT\00000004.MOZ -> TrackingCookie.Questionmarket : Cleaned with backup
:mozilla.61:C:\RECYCLER\NPROTECT\00000004.MOZ -> TrackingCookie.Adtech : Cleaned with backup
:mozilla.62:C:\RECYCLER\NPROTECT\00000004.MOZ -> TrackingCookie.Adtech : Cleaned with backup
:mozilla.14:C:\RECYCLER\NPROTECT\00000006.MOZ -> TrackingCookie.Doubleclick : Cleaned with backup
:mozilla.25:C:\RECYCLER\NPROTECT\00000006.MOZ -> TrackingCookie.Pointroll : Cleaned with backup
:mozilla.26:C:\RECYCLER\NPROTECT\00000006.MOZ -> TrackingCookie.Pointroll : Cleaned with backup
:mozilla.27:C:\RECYCLER\NPROTECT\00000006.MOZ -> TrackingCookie.Pointroll : Cleaned with backup
:mozilla.28:C:\RECYCLER\NPROTECT\00000006.MOZ -> TrackingCookie.Pointroll : Cleaned with backup
:mozilla.60:C:\RECYCLER\NPROTECT\00000006.MOZ -> TrackingCookie.Questionmarket : Cleaned with backup
:mozilla.61:C:\RECYCLER\NPROTECT\00000006.MOZ -> TrackingCookie.Adtech : Cleaned with backup
:mozilla.62:C:\RECYCLER\NPROTECT\00000006.MOZ -> TrackingCookie.Adtech : Cleaned with backup
C:\WINDOWS\system32\dmqzn.exe -> Trojan.Pakes : Cleaned with backup

::Report End

danxmanly
2006-04-14, 19:12
too big to post???

illukka
2006-04-14, 22:49
Please download ATF Cleaner (http://www.atribune.org/ccount/click.php?id=1) by Atribune.
This program is for XP and Windows 2000 only
Double-click ATF-Cleaner.exe to run the program.
Under Main choose: Select All
Click the Empty Selected button.
If you use Firefox browserClick Firefox at the top and choose: Select All
NOTE: If you would like to keep your saved passwords, please click No at the prompt.
If you use Opera browserClick Opera at the top and choose: Select All
NOTE: If you would like to keep your saved passwords, please click No at the prompt.
Click Exit on the Main menu to close the program.
For Technical Support, double-click the e-mail address located at the bottom of each menu.

that should take care of the file in java folder

Download and Save Blacklight (http://www.f-secure.com/blacklight/try.shtml) to your desktop:

Double-click blbeta.exe then accept the agreement, click > scan then > next

You'll see a list of all items found. There will also be a log on your desktop with the name fsbl.xxxxxxx.log (the xxxxxxx stand for numbers).

Copy and paste this log in your next reply. Don't choose the rename option yet! I want to see the log first, because legitimate items can also be present there, such as "wbemtest.exe"

and finally, if you dont use logitech's desktop messenger, go a head and uninstall it

it will make the hjt log shorter to post, so post the new log

danxmanly
2006-04-15, 17:31
Greetings..

First of all.. that doubleclick thing was back again this morning even though I thought it was blocked by Firefox. Oh well.. we'll see if it returns later as I have done the below per your request.

I removed the Logitech files, also completely removed all versions of Java, ( per recommendation of another thread I found ), and reinstalled the latest java.

Ran ATF Cleaner for Windows and Firefox.

Ran Blacklight with nothing found.

Here's the Blacklight log:
04/15/06 10:19:43 [Info]: BlackLight Engine 1.0.35 initialized
04/15/06 10:19:43 [Info]: OS: 5.1 build 2600 (Service Pack 2)
04/15/06 10:19:43 [Note]: 7019 4
04/15/06 10:19:43 [Note]: 7005 0
04/15/06 10:19:56 [Note]: 7006 0
04/15/06 10:19:56 [Note]: 7011 192
04/15/06 10:19:57 [Note]: 7026 0
04/15/06 10:19:57 [Note]: 7026 0
04/15/06 10:19:57 [Note]: FSRAW library version 1.7.1015
04/15/06 10:27:23 [Note]: 7007 0

danxmanly
2006-04-15, 17:32
Latest Hijack log:

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 10:28:28 AM, on 4/15/2006
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\Ati2evxx.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\Windows Defender\MsMpEng.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSetMgr.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SNDSrvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SPBBC\SPBBCSvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccEvtMgr.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\Program Files\GigaByte\VGA Utility Manager\G-VGA.exe
C:\WINDOWS\tppaldr.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe
C:\WINDOWS\SOUNDMAN.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\shicoxp.exe
C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\HP Share-to-Web\hpgs2wnd.exe
C:\Program Files\Symantec\LiveUpdate\ALUSchedulerSvc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\RunDll32.exe
C:\Program Files\ScanSoft\OmniPageSE\opware32.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\UpdateService\issch.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\drivers\CDAC11BA.EXE
C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI HydraVision\HydraDM.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\CTsvcCDA.exe
C:\Program Files\Creative\Sound Blaster\Surround Mixer\CTSysVol.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\taskswitch.exe
C:\Program Files\ewido anti-malware\ewidoctrl.exe
C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\Digital Imaging\Unload\hpqcmon.exe
C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\HP Share-to-Web\hpgs2wnf.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Mixer.exe
C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI.ACE\cli.exe
C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\navapsvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Contour Shuttle\ShuttleHelper.exe
C:\Program Files\Symantec\Norton Ghost\Agent\PQV2iSvc.exe
C:\Program Files\ASUS\Probe\AsusProb.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe
C:\progra~1\yahoo!\YCentral\YahooCentral.exe
C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\IWP\NPFMntor.exe
C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe
C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\AdvTools\NPROTECT.EXE
C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe
C:\Program Files\Zone Labs\ZoneAlarm\zlclient.exe
C:\Program Files\Windows Defender\MSASCui.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\TiVo Shared\Transfer\TiVoTransfer.exe
C:\Program Files\CyberLink\Shared Files\RichVideo.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Messenger\ymsgr_tray.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ShuttleEngine.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\CCPD-LC\symlcsvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Logitech\SetPoint\KEM.exe
C:\Program Files\Logitech\SetPoint\KHALMNPR.EXE
C:\Program Files\Common Files\TiVo Shared\Beacon\TiVoBeacon.exe
C:\Program Files\Belkin Bulldog Plus\MUPS.exe
C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\80\Tools\Binn\sqlmangr.exe
C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\WidgetEngine\YahooWidgetEngine.exe
C:\Program Files\Belkin Bulldog Plus\upsd.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ZoneLabs\vsmon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\MsPMSPSv.exe
C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Yahoo! Music Engine\ymetray.exe
C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\SpybotSD.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\MOZILL~1\FIREFOX.EXE
C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
C:\Documents and Settings\Danny\Desktop\Virus Stuff\HijackThis.exe

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = http://g.msn.com/0SEENUS/SAOS01
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = http://red.clientapps.yahoo.com/customize/yplus3/defaults/sb/*http://www.yahoo.com/search/ie.html
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=56626&homepage=http://red.clientapps.yahoo.com/customize/yplus3/defaults/*http://plus.yahoo.com
R3 - URLSearchHook: (no name) - {7A6043D6-EB8A-59FF-C767-E228D2C6A8EA} - TemplateDongle.dll (file missing)
O2 - BHO: ZIBho Class - {029CA12C-89C1-46a7-A3C7-82F2F98635CB} - C:\Program Files\Kontiki\bin\bh304181.dll (file missing)
O2 - BHO: AcroIEHlprObj Class - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYBOT~1\SDHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {549B5CA7-4A86-11D7-A4DF-000874180BB3} - (no file)
O2 - BHO: SSVHelper Class - {761497BB-D6F0-462C-B6EB-D4DAF1D92D43} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_06\bin\ssv.dll
O2 - BHO: Google Toolbar Helper - {AA58ED58-01DD-4d91-8333-CF10577473F7} - c:\program files\google\googletoolbar2.dll
O2 - BHO: NAV Helper - {BDF3E430-B101-42AD-A544-FADC6B084872} - C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\NavShExt.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {FDD3B846-8D59-4ffb-8758-209B6AD74ACC} - (no file)
O3 - Toolbar: Norton AntiVirus - {42CDD1BF-3FFB-4238-8AD1-7859DF00B1D6} - C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\NavShExt.dll
O3 - Toolbar: &Google - {2318C2B1-4965-11d4-9B18-009027A5CD4F} - c:\program files\google\googletoolbar2.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [bwprnmon.exe] C:\BITWARE\NT\bwprnmon.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [VGAUtil] C:\Program Files\GigaByte\VGA Utility Manager\G-VGA.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [UpdReg] C:\WINDOWS\UpdReg.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TPP Auto Loader] C:\WINDOWS\tppaldr.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TkBellExe] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe" -osboot
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SoundMan] SOUNDMAN.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [shicoxp] C:\WINDOWS\shicoxp.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Share-to-Web Namespace Daemon] C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\HP Share-to-Web\hpgs2wnd.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SbUsb AudCtrl] RunDll32 sbusbdll.dll,RCMonitor
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Ptipbmf] rundll32.exe ptipbmf.dll,SetWriteCacheMode
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Omnipage] C:\Program Files\ScanSoft\OmniPageSE\opware32.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NeroFilterCheck] C:\WINDOWS\system32\NeroCheck.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ISUSScheduler] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\UpdateService\issch.exe" -start
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ISUSPM Startup] C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\INSTAL~1\UPDATE~1\ISUSPM.exe -startup
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HydraVisionDesktopManager] C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI HydraVision\HydraDM.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [EssSpkPhone] essspk.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [EPSON Stylus Photo R200 Series] C:\WINDOWS\System32\spool\DRIVERS\W32X86\3\E_S4I2H1.EXE /P30 "EPSON Stylus Photo R200 Series" /O6 "USB002" /M "Stylus Photo R200"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [EM_EXEC] C:\PROGRA~1\Logitech\MOUSEW~1\SYSTEM\EM_EXEC.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [CTSysVol] C:\Program Files\Creative\Sound Blaster\Surround Mixer\CTSysVol.exe /r
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [CoolSwitch] C:\WINDOWS\System32\taskswitch.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [CamMonitor] C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\Digital Imaging\\Unload\hpqcmon.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [C-Media Mixer] Mixer.exe /startup
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AutoProp] C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\Office\bots\fp_wmp\regprop.exe C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\Office\bots\fp_wmp\WMPaddin.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ATIPTA] C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI Control Panel\atiptaxx.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ATICCC] "C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI.ACE\cli.exe" runtime
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [anvshell] anvshell.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Norton Ghost 9.0] C:\Program Files\Symantec\Norton Ghost\Agent\GhostTray.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Contour Shuttle Device Helper] C:\Program Files\Contour Shuttle\ShuttleHelper.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ASUS Probe] C:\Program Files\ASUS\Probe\AsusProb.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ccApp] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Advanced Tools Check] C:\PROGRA~1\NORTON~1\AdvTools\ADVCHK.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Symantec NetDriver Monitor] C:\PROGRA~1\SYMNET~1\SNDMon.exe /Consumer
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [YCentral] c:\progra~1\yahoo!\YCentral\YahooCentral.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ymetray] "C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Yahoo! Music Engine\YahooMusicEngine.exe" -preload
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [iTunesHelper] "C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" -atboottime
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Zone Labs Client] C:\Program Files\Zone Labs\ZoneAlarm\zlclient.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [lpt] MONITER.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Windows Defender] "C:\Program Files\Windows Defender\MSASCui.exe" -hide
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_06\bin\jusched.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [TivoTransfer] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\TiVo Shared\Transfer\TiVoTransfer.exe" /auto:TivoTransfer /registry /service
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [TivoServer] "C:\Program Files\TiVo\Desktop\TivoServer.exe" /registry /service
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Yahoo! Pager] "C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Messenger\ypager.exe" -quiet
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [init32] Brong32.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ssweeper] abrek.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [StartCpl] slamm.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ctfmon.exe] C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
O4 - Startup: Yahoo! Widget Engine.lnk = C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\WidgetEngine\YahooWidgetEngine.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Adobe Reader Speed Launch.lnk = C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Reader\reader_sl.exe
O4 - Global Startup: ATI CATALYST System Tray.lnk = C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI.ACE\CLI.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Logitech SetPoint.lnk = C:\Program Files\Logitech\SetPoint\KEM.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Microsoft Office.lnk = C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\OSA9.EXE
O4 - Global Startup: MUPS.lnk = C:\Program Files\Belkin Bulldog Plus\MUPS.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Service Manager.lnk = C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\80\Tools\Binn\sqlmangr.exe
O8 - Extra context menu item: &Google Search - res://c:\program files\google\GoogleToolbar2.dll/cmsearch.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: &Translate English Word - res://c:\program files\google\GoogleToolbar2.dll/cmwordtrans.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Backward Links - res://c:\program files\google\GoogleToolbar2.dll/cmbacklinks.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Cached Snapshot of Page - res://c:\program files\google\GoogleToolbar2.dll/cmcache.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Get It With Kontiki - res://C:\Program Files\Kontiki\bin\bh304181.dll/201
O8 - Extra context menu item: Similar Pages - res://c:\program files\google\GoogleToolbar2.dll/cmsimilar.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Translate Page into English - res://c:\program files\google\GoogleToolbar2.dll/cmtrans.html
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_06\bin\npjpi150_06.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_06\bin\npjpi150_06.dll
O9 - Extra button: Create Mobile Favorite - {2EAF5BB1-070F-11D3-9307-00C04FAE2D4F} - C:\Program Files\Microsoft ActiveSync\inetrepl.dll
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {2EAF5BB2-070F-11D3-9307-00C04FAE2D4F} - C:\Program Files\Microsoft ActiveSync\inetrepl.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Create Mobile Favorite... - {2EAF5BB2-070F-11D3-9307-00C04FAE2D4F} - C:\Program Files\Microsoft ActiveSync\inetrepl.dll
O9 - Extra button: ATI TV - {44226DFF-747E-4edc-B30C-78752E50CD0C} - C:\Program Files\ATI Multimedia\tv\EXPLBAR.DLL
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {4528BBE0-4E08-11D5-AD55-00010333D0AD} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Messenger\yhexbmes0819.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Yahoo! Messenger - {4528BBE0-4E08-11D5-AD55-00010333D0AD} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Messenger\yhexbmes0819.dll
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O16 - DPF: {0A5FD7C5-A45C-49FC-ADB5-9952547D5715} (Creative Software AutoUpdate) - http://www.creative.com/su/ocx/15009/CTSUEng.cab
O16 - DPF: {17492023-C23A-453E-A040-C7C580BBF700} (Windows Genuine Advantage Validation Tool) - http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=36467&clcid=0x409
O16 - DPF: {1F2F4C9E-6F09-47BC-970D-3C54734667FE} - https://www-secure.symantec.com/techsupp/asa/LSSupCtl.cab
O16 - DPF: {231B1C6E-F934-42A2-92B6-C2FEFEC24276} (yucsetreg Class) - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\common\yucconfig.dll
O16 - DPF: {2BC66F54-93A8-11D3-BEB6-00105AA9B6AE} (Symantec AntiVirus scanner) - http://security.symantec.com/sscv6/SharedContent/vc/bin/AvSniff.cab
O16 - DPF: {30528230-99f7-4bb4-88d8-fa1d4f56a2ab} (YInstStarter Class) - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\common\yinsthelper.dll
O16 - DPF: {31E68DE2-5548-4B23-88F0-C51E6A0F695E} (Microsoft PID Sniffer) - https://support.microsoft.com/OAS/ActiveX/odc.cab
O16 - DPF: {41F17733-B041-4099-A042-B518BB6A408C} - http://a1540.g.akamai.net/7/1540/52/20030530/qtinstall.info.apple.com/bonnie/us/win/QuickTimeInstaller.exe
O16 - DPF: {544EB377-350A-4295-9BEB-EAB8392E09C6} (MSN Money Charting) - http://fdl.msn.com/public/investor/v13/invinstl.exe
O16 - DPF: {6414512B-B978-451D-A0D8-FCFDF33E833C} (WUWebControl Class) - http://update.microsoft.com/windowsupdate/v6/V5Controls/en/x86/client/wuweb_site.cab?1120983507468
O16 - DPF: {644E432F-49D3-41A1-8DD5-E099162EEEC5} (Symantec RuFSI Utility Class) - http://security.symantec.com/sscv6/SharedContent/common/bin/cabsa.cab
O16 - DPF: {6E32070A-766D-4EE6-879C-DC1FA91D2FC3} (MUWebControl Class) - http://update.microsoft.com/microsoftupdate/v6/V5Controls/en/x86/client/muweb_site.cab?1121013420640
O16 - DPF: {90C9629E-CD32-11D3-BBFB-00105A1F0D68} (InstallShield International Setup Player) - http://www.napster.com/client/isetup.cab
O16 - DPF: {CE28D5D2-60CF-4C7D-9FE8-0F47A3308078} - https://www-secure.symantec.com/techsupp/asa/SymAData.cab
O16 - DPF: {D18F962A-3722-4B59-B08D-28BB9EB2281E} - http://photos.yahoo.com/ocx/us/yexplorer1_9us.cab
O16 - DPF: {D1E7CBDA-E60E-4970-A01C-37301EF7BF98} (Measurement Service Client v.3.4) - http://ccon.futuremark.com/global/msc34.cab
O16 - DPF: {EF0DBA6F-43CE-4B26-9808-2AB38FA0DB29} (MSN Money Ticker) - http://fdl.msn.com/public/investor/v13/ticker.cab
O16 - DPF: {F54C1137-5E34-4B95-95A5-BA56D4D8D743} (Secure Delivery) - http://www.gamespot.com/KDX/kdx.cab
O16 - DPF: {F58E1CEF-A068-4C15-BA5E-587CAF3EE8C6} (MSN Chat Control 4.5) - http://chat.msn.com/bin/msnchat45.cab
O16 - DPF: {F6ACF75C-C32C-447B-9BEF-46B766368D29} (Creative Software AutoUpdate Support Package) - http://www.creative.com/su/ocx/15010/CTPID.cab
O16 - DPF: {FF0C042C-98E9-4C36-B2EC-E21FDFDCEF75} (InstallCtl Class) - http://download.redswoosh.net/Installer/104/rsinstaller.cab
O17 - HKLM\System\CCS\Services\Tcpip\..\{4F7ABD15-D97C-463E-9D5E-79623523B177}: NameServer = 85.255.116.153,85.255.112.12
O17 - HKLM\System\CCS\Services\Tcpip\..\{68D4C7FF-28B5-4C8C-B5D3-95D589919536}: NameServer = 85.255.116.153,85.255.112.12
O17 - HKLM\System\CCS\Services\Tcpip\..\{704D0B5A-C351-440B-A63D-4CE39E2EEF8C}: NameServer = 85.255.116.153,85.255.112.12
O17 - HKLM\System\CCS\Services\Tcpip\..\{777B8239-6D71-4D9D-9F48-39CA40A4AF54}: NameServer = 85.255.116.153,85.255.112.12
O17 - HKLM\System\CCS\Services\Tcpip\..\{8AF412B7-01C2-4051-AF7E-E5EACCDB2B0F}: NameServer = 85.255.116.153,85.255.112.12
O17 - HKLM\System\CCS\Services\Tcpip\..\{D44DCCCD-0F16-4135-836F-8DE8DA2244FE}: NameServer = 85.255.116.153,85.255.112.12
O18 - Protocol: msnim - {828030A1-22C1-4009-854F-8E305202313F} - "C:\PROGRA~1\MSNMES~1\msgrapp.dll" (file missing)
O23 - Service: Ati HotKey Poller - ATI Technologies Inc. - C:\WINDOWS\system32\Ati2evxx.exe
O23 - Service: ATI Smart - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\system32\ati2sgag.exe
O23 - Service: Automatic LiveUpdate Scheduler - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Symantec\LiveUpdate\ALUSchedulerSvc.exe
O23 - Service: C-DillaCdaC11BA - Macrovision - C:\WINDOWS\System32\drivers\CDAC11BA.EXE
O23 - Service: Symantec Event Manager (ccEvtMgr) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccEvtMgr.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Password Validation (ccPwdSvc) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccPwdSvc.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Settings Manager (ccSetMgr) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSetMgr.exe
O23 - Service: Creative Service for CDROM Access - Creative Technology Ltd - C:\WINDOWS\System32\CTsvcCDA.exe
O23 - Service: ewido security suite control - ewido networks - C:\Program Files\ewido anti-malware\ewidoctrl.exe
O23 - Service: InstallDriver Table Manager (IDriverT) - Macrovision Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\Driver\11\Intel 32\IDriverT.exe
O23 - Service: iPodService - Apple Computer, Inc. - C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
O23 - Service: LiveUpdate - Symantec Corporation - C:\PROGRA~1\Symantec\LIVEUP~1\LUCOMS~1.EXE
O23 - Service: Norton AntiVirus Auto-Protect Service (navapsvc) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\navapsvc.exe
O23 - Service: Norton Ghost - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Symantec\Norton Ghost\Agent\PQV2iSvc.exe
O23 - Service: Norton AntiVirus Firewall Monitor Service (NPFMntor) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\IWP\NPFMntor.exe
O23 - Service: Norton Unerase Protection (NProtectService) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\AdvTools\NPROTECT.EXE
O23 - Service: Pacific Image Comm. Fax Server - Unknown owner - C:\SUPERVOC\PROGRAM\PICPMON.EXE
O23 - Service: Cyberlink RichVideo Service(CRVS) (RichVideo) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\CyberLink\Shared Files\RichVideo.exe
O23 - Service: Remote Packet Capture Protocol v.0 (experimental) (rpcapd) - Unknown owner - %ProgramFiles%\WinPcap\rpcapd.exe" -d -f "%ProgramFiles%\WinPcap\rpcapd.ini (file missing)
O23 - Service: SAVScan - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\SAVScan.exe
O23 - Service: ScriptBlocking Service (SBService) - Symantec Corporation - C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\SYMANT~1\SCRIPT~1\SBServ.exe
O23 - Service: Contour Shuttle Device Engine (ShuttleEngine) - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\system32\ShuttleEngine.exe" -run (file missing)
O23 - Service: Symantec Network Drivers Service (SNDSrvc) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SNDSrvc.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec SPBBCSvc (SPBBCSvc) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SPBBC\SPBBCSvc.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Core LC - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\CCPD-LC\symlcsvc.exe
O23 - Service: TiVo Beacon (TivoBeacon2) - TiVo Inc. - C:\Program Files\Common Files\TiVo Shared\Beacon\TiVoBeacon.exe
O23 - Service: UPS - UPSentry Service (UPSentry_Smart) - Delta - C:\Program Files\Belkin Bulldog Plus\upsd.exe
O23 - Service: TrueVector Internet Monitor (vsmon) - Zone Labs, LLC - C:\WINDOWS\system32\ZoneLabs\vsmon.exe
O23 - Service: X10 Device Network Service (x10nets) - Unknown owner - C:\PROGRA~1\ATIMUL~1\RemCtrl\x10nets.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: YPCService - Yahoo! Inc. - C:\WINDOWS\system32\YPCSER~1.EXE

illukka
2006-04-18, 19:05
hi

sorry for my absence
i was spending easter with family and relatives..

open hijackthis, click do asystem scan only
checkmark thee entries, if still there:
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = http://red.clientapps.yahoo.com/cust...search/ie.html
R3 - URLSearchHook: (no name) - {7A6043D6-EB8A-59FF-C767-E228D2C6A8EA} - TemplateDongle.dll (file missing)
O2 - BHO: ZIBho Class - {029CA12C-89C1-46a7-A3C7-82F2F98635CB} - C:\Program Files\Kontiki\bin\bh304181.dll (file missing)
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {549B5CA7-4A86-11D7-A4DF-000874180BB3} - (no file)
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {FDD3B846-8D59-4ffb-8758-209B6AD74ACC} - (no file)
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [init32] Brong32.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ssweeper] abrek.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [StartCpl] slamm.exe
O16 - DPF: {FF0C042C-98E9-4C36-B2EC-E21FDFDCEF75} (InstallCtl Class) - http://download.redswoosh.net/Instal...sinstaller.cab
O17 - HKLM\System\CCS\Services\Tcpip\..\{4F7ABD15-D97C-463E-9D5E-79623523B177}: NameServer = 85.255.116.153,85.255.112.12
O17 - HKLM\System\CCS\Services\Tcpip\..\{68D4C7FF-28B5-4C8C-B5D3-95D589919536}: NameServer = 85.255.116.153,85.255.112.12
O17 - HKLM\System\CCS\Services\Tcpip\..\{704D0B5A-C351-440B-A63D-4CE39E2EEF8C}: NameServer = 85.255.116.153,85.255.112.12
O17 - HKLM\System\CCS\Services\Tcpip\..\{777B8239-6D71-4D9D-9F48-39CA40A4AF54}: NameServer = 85.255.116.153,85.255.112.12
O17 - HKLM\System\CCS\Services\Tcpip\..\{8AF412B7-01C2-4051-AF7E-E5EACCDB2B0F}: NameServer = 85.255.116.153,85.255.112.12
O17 - HKLM\System\CCS\Services\Tcpip\..\{D44DCCCD-0F16-4135-836F-8DE8DA2244FE}: NameServer = 85.255.116.153,85.255.112.12

then close all other windows, leavin only hijackthis running

and click fix checked

reboot

go to Panda ActiveScan (http://www.pandasoftware.com/products/activescan.htm)

Once you are on the Panda site click the Scan your PC button
A new window will open...click the Check Now button
Enter your Country
Enter your State/Province
Enter your e-mail address and click send
Select either Home User or Company
Click the big Scan Now button
If it wants to install an ActiveX component allow it
It will start downloading the files it requires for the scan (Note: It may take a couple of minutes)
When download is complete, click on Local Disks to start the scan
When the scan completes, if anything malicious is detected, click the See Report button, then Save Report and save it to a convenient location.
Post the contents of the Panda scan report, along with a new HijackThis Log

danxmanly
2006-04-18, 21:39
Greetings.. well for thinking I was in the clear just by doing the fixwareout thingy I seemed to have been way off. However, my browser has not been redirected, nor annoying popups showing up or mysterious icons appearing on my desktop since I ran that.

I delected all the items you requested..yes, they were all there.

Ran Panda with nothing to report.

Fresh off the grill hijack rpt.

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 2:35:49 PM, on 4/18/2006
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\Windows Defender\MsMpEng.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SNDSrvc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\Program Files\GigaByte\VGA Utility Manager\G-VGA.exe
C:\WINDOWS\tppaldr.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe
C:\WINDOWS\SOUNDMAN.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\shicoxp.exe
C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\HP Share-to-Web\hpgs2wnd.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\RunDll32.exe
C:\Program Files\ScanSoft\OmniPageSE\opware32.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\UpdateService\issch.exe
C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI HydraVision\HydraDM.exe
C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\HP Share-to-Web\hpgs2wnf.exe
C:\Program Files\Creative\Sound Blaster\Surround Mixer\CTSysVol.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\taskswitch.exe
C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\Digital Imaging\Unload\hpqcmon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Mixer.exe
C:\Program Files\Symantec\Norton Ghost\Agent\GhostTray.exe
C:\Program Files\Contour Shuttle\ShuttleHelper.exe
C:\Program Files\ASUS\Probe\AsusProb.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe
C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe
C:\Program Files\Zone Labs\ZoneAlarm\zlclient.exe
C:\Program Files\Windows Defender\MSASCui.exe
C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_06\bin\jusched.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\TiVo Shared\Transfer\TiVoTransfer.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\drivers\CDAC11BA.EXE
C:\Program Files\ewido anti-malware\ewidoctrl.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\navapsvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Symantec\Norton Ghost\Agent\PQV2iSvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\IWP\NPFMntor.exe
C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\AdvTools\NPROTECT.EXE
C:\Program Files\CyberLink\Shared Files\RichVideo.exe
C:\Program Files\Logitech\SetPoint\KEM.exe
C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Messenger\ymsgr_tray.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ShuttleEngine.exe
C:\Program Files\Logitech\SetPoint\KHALMNPR.EXE
C:\Program Files\Belkin Bulldog Plus\MUPS.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\CCPD-LC\symlcsvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\80\Tools\Binn\sqlmangr.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\TiVo Shared\Beacon\TiVoBeacon.exe
C:\Program Files\Belkin Bulldog Plus\upsd.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\MsPMSPSv.exe
C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Yahoo! Music Engine\ymetray.exe
C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
C:\WINDOWS\ALCFDRTM.EXE
C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\SpybotSD.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\MOZILL~1\FIREFOX.EXE
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
C:\Documents and Settings\Danny\Desktop\Virus Stuff\HijackThis.exe

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar =

http://g.msn.com/0SEENUS/SAOS01
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page =

http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?

LinkId=56626&homepage=http://red.clientapps.yahoo.com/customize/yplus3/defaul

ts/*http://plus.yahoo.com
O2 - BHO: Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-

784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F} - C:\PROGRA~1

\SPYBOT~1\SDHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: SSVHelper Class - {761497BB-D6F0-462C-B6EB-D4DAF1D92D43} -

C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_06\bin\ssv.dll
O2 - BHO: Google Toolbar Helper - {AA58ED58-01DD-4d91-8333-CF10577473F7} -

c:\program files\google\googletoolbar2.dll
O2 - BHO: NAV Helper - {BDF3E430-B101-42AD-A544-FADC6B084872} - C:\Program

Files\Norton AntiVirus\NavShExt.dll
O3 - Toolbar: Norton AntiVirus - {42CDD1BF-3FFB-4238-8AD1-7859DF00B1D6} -

C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\NavShExt.dll
O3 - Toolbar: &Google - {2318C2B1-4965-11d4-9B18-009027A5CD4F} - c:\program

files\google\googletoolbar2.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [bwprnmon.exe] C:\BITWARE\NT\bwprnmon.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [VGAUtil] C:\Program Files\GigaByte\VGA Utility Manager\G-

VGA.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [UpdReg] C:\WINDOWS\UpdReg.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TPP Auto Loader] C:\WINDOWS\tppaldr.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TkBellExe] "C:\Program Files\Common

Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe" -osboot
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SoundMan] SOUNDMAN.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [shicoxp] C:\WINDOWS\shicoxp.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Share-to-Web Namespace Daemon] C:\Program Files\Hewlett-

Packard\HP Share-to-Web\hpgs2wnd.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SbUsb AudCtrl] RunDll32 sbusbdll.dll,RCMonitor
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Ptipbmf] rundll32.exe ptipbmf.dll,SetWriteCacheMode
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Omnipage] C:\Program

Files\ScanSoft\OmniPageSE\opware32.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NeroFilterCheck] C:\WINDOWS\system32\NeroCheck.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ISUSScheduler] "C:\Program Files\Common

Files\InstallShield\UpdateService\issch.exe" -start
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ISUSPM Startup] C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\INSTAL~1\UPDATE~1

\ISUSPM.exe -startup
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HydraVisionDesktopManager] C:\Program Files\ATI

Technologies\ATI HydraVision\HydraDM.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [EssSpkPhone] essspk.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [EPSON Stylus Photo R200 Series] C:\WINDOWS\System32

\spool\DRIVERS\W32X86\3\E_S4I2H1.EXE /P30 "EPSON Stylus Photo R200 Series"

/O6 "USB002" /M "Stylus Photo R200"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [EM_EXEC] C:\PROGRA~1\Logitech\MOUSEW~1\SYSTEM\EM_EXEC.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [CTSysVol] C:\Program Files\Creative\Sound Blaster\Surround

Mixer\CTSysVol.exe /r
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [CoolSwitch] C:\WINDOWS\System32\taskswitch.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [CamMonitor] C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\Digital

Imaging\\Unload\hpqcmon.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [C-Media Mixer] Mixer.exe /startup
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AutoProp] C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2

\Office\bots\fp_wmp\regprop.exe C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2

\Office\bots\fp_wmp\WMPaddin.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ATIPTA] C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI Control

Panel\atiptaxx.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ATICCC] "C:\Program Files\ATI

Technologies\ATI.ACE\cli.exe" runtime
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [anvshell] anvshell.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Norton Ghost 9.0] C:\Program Files\Symantec\Norton

Ghost\Agent\GhostTray.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Contour Shuttle Device Helper] C:\Program Files\Contour

Shuttle\ShuttleHelper.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ASUS Probe] C:\Program Files\ASUS\Probe\AsusProb.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ccApp] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec

Shared\ccApp.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Advanced Tools Check] C:\PROGRA~1\NORTON~1

\AdvTools\ADVCHK.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Symantec NetDriver Monitor] C:\PROGRA~1\SYMNET~1

\SNDMon.exe /Consumer
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [YCentral] c:\progra~1\yahoo!\YCentral\YahooCentral.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ymetray] "C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Yahoo! Music

Engine\YahooMusicEngine.exe" -preload
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [iTunesHelper] "C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" -

atboottime
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Zone Labs Client] C:\Program Files\Zone

Labs\ZoneAlarm\zlclient.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [lpt] MONITER.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Windows Defender] "C:\Program Files\Windows

Defender\MSASCui.exe" -hide
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_06

\bin\jusched.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [TivoTransfer] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\TiVo

Shared\Transfer\TiVoTransfer.exe" /auto:TivoTransfer /registry /service
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [TivoServer] "C:\Program Files\TiVo\Desktop\TivoServer.exe"

/registry /service
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Yahoo! Pager] "C:\Program Files\Yahoo!

\Messenger\ypager.exe" -quiet
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ctfmon.exe] C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [updateMgr] C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0

\Reader\AdobeUpdateManager.exe AcRdB7_0_7 -reboot 1
O4 - Startup: Yahoo! Widget Engine.lnk = C:\Program Files\Yahoo!

\WidgetEngine\YahooWidgetEngine.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Adobe Reader Speed Launch.lnk = C:\Program

Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Reader\reader_sl.exe
O4 - Global Startup: ATI CATALYST System Tray.lnk = C:\Program Files\ATI

Technologies\ATI.ACE\CLI.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Logitech SetPoint.lnk = C:\Program

Files\Logitech\SetPoint\KEM.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Microsoft Office.lnk = C:\Program Files\Microsoft

Office\Office\OSA9.EXE
O4 - Global Startup: MUPS.lnk = C:\Program Files\Belkin Bulldog Plus\MUPS.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Service Manager.lnk = C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL

Server\80\Tools\Binn\sqlmangr.exe
O8 - Extra context menu item: &Google Search - res://c:\program

files\google\GoogleToolbar2.dll/cmsearch.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: &Translate English Word - res://c:\program

files\google\GoogleToolbar2.dll/cmwordtrans.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Backward Links - res://c:\program

files\google\GoogleToolbar2.dll/cmbacklinks.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Cached Snapshot of Page - res://c:\program

files\google\GoogleToolbar2.dll/cmcache.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Get It With Kontiki - res://C:\Program

Files\Kontiki\bin\bh304181.dll/201
O8 - Extra context menu item: Similar Pages - res://c:\program

files\google\GoogleToolbar2.dll/cmsimilar.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Translate Page into English - res://c:\program

files\google\GoogleToolbar2.dll/cmtrans.html
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} -

C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_06\bin\ssv.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-

00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_06\bin\ssv.dll
O9 - Extra button: Create Mobile Favorite - {2EAF5BB1-070F-11D3-9307-

00C04FAE2D4F} - C:\Program Files\Microsoft ActiveSync\inetrepl.dll
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {2EAF5BB2-070F-11D3-9307-00C04FAE2D4F} -

C:\Program Files\Microsoft ActiveSync\inetrepl.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Create Mobile Favorite... - {2EAF5BB2-070F-11D3

-9307-00C04FAE2D4F} - C:\Program Files\Microsoft ActiveSync\inetrepl.dll
O9 - Extra button: ATI TV - {44226DFF-747E-4edc-B30C-78752E50CD0C} -

C:\Program Files\ATI Multimedia\tv\EXPLBAR.DLL
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {4528BBE0-4E08-11D5-AD55-00010333D0AD} -

C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Messenger\yhexbmes0819.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Yahoo! Messenger - {4528BBE0-4E08-11D5-AD55-

00010333D0AD} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Messenger\yhexbmes0819.dll
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} -

O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-

00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O16 - DPF: {0A5FD7C5-A45C-49FC-ADB5-9952547D5715} (Creative Software

AutoUpdate) - http://www.creative.com/su/ocx/15009/CTSUEng.cab
O16 - DPF: {17492023-C23A-453E-A040-C7C580BBF700} (Windows Genuine Advantage

Validation Tool) - http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=36467&clcid=0x409
O16 - DPF: {1F2F4C9E-6F09-47BC-970D-3C54734667FE} - https://www-

secure.symantec.com/techsupp/asa/LSSupCtl.cab
O16 - DPF: {231B1C6E-F934-42A2-92B6-C2FEFEC24276} (yucsetreg Class) -

C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\common\yucconfig.dll
O16 - DPF: {2BC66F54-93A8-11D3-BEB6-00105AA9B6AE} (Symantec AntiVirus

scanner) -

http://security.symantec.com/sscv6/SharedContent/vc/bin/AvSniff.cab
O16 - DPF: {30528230-99f7-4bb4-88d8-fa1d4f56a2ab} (YInstStarter Class) -

C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\common\yinsthelper.dll
O16 - DPF: {31E68DE2-5548-4B23-88F0-C51E6A0F695E} (Microsoft PID Sniffer) -

https://support.microsoft.com/OAS/ActiveX/odc.cab
O16 - DPF: {41F17733-B041-4099-A042-B518BB6A408C} -

http://a1540.g.akamai.net/7/1540/52/20030530/qtinstall.info.apple.com/bonnie/

us/win/QuickTimeInstaller.exe
O16 - DPF: {544EB377-350A-4295-9BEB-EAB8392E09C6} (MSN Money Charting) -

http://fdl.msn.com/public/investor/v13/invinstl.exe
O16 - DPF: {6414512B-B978-451D-A0D8-FCFDF33E833C} (WUWebControl Class) -

http://update.microsoft.com/windowsupdate/v6/V5Controls/en/x86/client/wuweb_s

ite.cab?1120983507468
O16 - DPF: {644E432F-49D3-41A1-8DD5-E099162EEEC5} (Symantec RuFSI Utility

Class) -

http://security.symantec.com/sscv6/SharedContent/common/bin/cabsa.cab
O16 - DPF: {6E32070A-766D-4EE6-879C-DC1FA91D2FC3} (MUWebControl Class) -

http://update.microsoft.com/microsoftupdate/v6/V5Controls/en/x86/client/muweb

_site.cab?1121013420640
O16 - DPF: {90C9629E-CD32-11D3-BBFB-00105A1F0D68} (InstallShield

International Setup Player) - http://www.napster.com/client/isetup.cab
O16 - DPF: {9A9307A0-7DA4-4DAF-B042-5009F29E09E1} (ActiveScan Installer

Class) - http://acs.pandasoftware.com/activescan/as5free/asinst.cab
O16 - DPF: {CE28D5D2-60CF-4C7D-9FE8-0F47A3308078} - https://www-

secure.symantec.com/techsupp/asa/SymAData.cab
O16 - DPF: {D18F962A-3722-4B59-B08D-28BB9EB2281E} -

http://photos.yahoo.com/ocx/us/yexplorer1_9us.cab
O16 - DPF: {D1E7CBDA-E60E-4970-A01C-37301EF7BF98} (Measurement Service Client

v.3.4) - http://ccon.futuremark.com/global/msc34.cab
O16 - DPF: {EF0DBA6F-43CE-4B26-9808-2AB38FA0DB29} (MSN Money Ticker) -

http://fdl.msn.com/public/investor/v13/ticker.cab
O16 - DPF: {F54C1137-5E34-4B95-95A5-BA56D4D8D743} (Secure Delivery) -

http://www.gamespot.com/KDX/kdx.cab
O16 - DPF: {F58E1CEF-A068-4C15-BA5E-587CAF3EE8C6} (MSN Chat Control 4.5) -

http://chat.msn.com/bin/msnchat45.cab
O16 - DPF: {F6ACF75C-C32C-447B-9BEF-46B766368D29} (Creative Software

AutoUpdate Support Package) - http://www.creative.com/su/ocx/15010/CTPID.cab
O18 - Protocol: msnim - {828030A1-22C1-4009-854F-8E305202313F} -

"C:\PROGRA~1\MSNMES~1\msgrapp.dll" (file missing)
O23 - Service: Ati HotKey Poller - ATI Technologies Inc. -

O23 - Service: ATI Smart - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\system32\ati2sgag.exe
O23 - Service: Automatic LiveUpdate Scheduler - Symantec Corporation -

O23 - Service: C-DillaCdaC11BA - Macrovision - C:\WINDOWS\System32

\drivers\CDAC11BA.EXE
O23 - Service: Symantec Event Manager (ccEvtMgr) - Symantec Corporation -

O23 - Service: Symantec Password Validation (ccPwdSvc) - Symantec Corporation

- C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccPwdSvc.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Settings Manager (ccSetMgr) - Symantec Corporation -

O23 - Service: Creative Service for CDROM Access - Creative Technology Ltd -

O23 - Service: ewido security suite control - ewido networks - C:\Program

Files\ewido anti-malware\ewidoctrl.exe
O23 - Service: InstallDriver Table Manager (IDriverT) - Macrovision

Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\Driver\11\Intel 32

\IDriverT.exe
O23 - Service: iPodService - Apple Computer, Inc. - C:\Program

Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
O23 - Service: LiveUpdate - Symantec Corporation - C:\PROGRA~1

\Symantec\LIVEUP~1\LUCOMS~1.EXE
O23 - Service: Norton AntiVirus Auto-Protect Service (navapsvc) - Symantec

Corporation - C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\navapsvc.exe
O23 - Service: Norton Ghost - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program

Files\Symantec\Norton Ghost\Agent\PQV2iSvc.exe
O23 - Service: Norton AntiVirus Firewall Monitor Service (NPFMntor) -

Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\IWP\NPFMntor.exe
O23 - Service: Norton Unerase Protection (NProtectService) - Symantec

Corporation - C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\AdvTools\NPROTECT.EXE
O23 - Service: Pacific Image Comm. Fax Server - Unknown owner -

C:\SUPERVOC\PROGRAM\PICPMON.EXE
O23 - Service: Cyberlink RichVideo Service(CRVS) (RichVideo) - Unknown owner

- C:\Program Files\CyberLink\Shared Files\RichVideo.exe
O23 - Service: Remote Packet Capture Protocol v.0 (experimental) (rpcapd) -

Unknown owner - %ProgramFiles%\WinPcap\rpcapd.exe" -d -f "%ProgramFiles%

\WinPcap\rpcapd.ini (file missing)
O23 - Service: SAVScan - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Norton

AntiVirus\SAVScan.exe
O23 - Service: ScriptBlocking Service (SBService) - Symantec Corporation -

C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\SYMANT~1\SCRIPT~1\SBServ.exe
O23 - Service: Contour Shuttle Device Engine (ShuttleEngine) - Unknown owner

- C:\WINDOWS\system32\ShuttleEngine.exe" -run (file missing)
O23 - Service: Symantec Network Drivers Service (SNDSrvc) - Symantec

Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SNDSrvc.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec SPBBCSvc (SPBBCSvc) - Symantec Corporation -

O23 - Service: Symantec Core LC - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program

Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\CCPD-LC\symlcsvc.exe
O23 - Service: TiVo Beacon (TivoBeacon2) - TiVo Inc. - C:\Program

Files\Common Files\TiVo Shared\Beacon\TiVoBeacon.exe
O23 - Service: UPS - UPSentry Service (UPSentry_Smart) - Delta - C:\Program

Files\Belkin Bulldog Plus\upsd.exe
O23 - Service: TrueVector Internet Monitor (vsmon) - Zone Labs, LLC -

O23 - Service: X10 Device Network Service (x10nets) - Unknown owner -

C:\PROGRA~1\ATIMUL~1\RemCtrl\x10nets.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: YPCService - Yahoo! Inc. - C:\WINDOWS\system32\YPCSER~1.EXE

illukka
2006-04-18, 21:49
hi

those were just remnants in the registry

looks clean now :)

Now that you are clean, please follow these simple steps in order to keep your computer clean and

secure:
Disable and Enable System Restore. - If you are using Windows ME or

XP then you should disable and re-enable system restore to make sure there are no infected files

found in a restore point.

You can find instructions on how to enable and reenable system restore here:

Managing Windows

Millenium System Restore (http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/tutorial63.html)

or

Windows XP System Restore

Guide (http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/tutorial56.html)

Reenable system restore with instructions from tutorial above

Make your Internet Explorer more secure - This can be done by

following these simple instructions:
From within Internet Explorer click on the Tools menu and then click on Options.
Click once on the Security tab
Click once on the Internet icon so it becomes highlighted.
Click once on the Custom Level button.

Change the Download signed ActiveX controls to Prompt

Change the Download unsigned ActiveX controls to Disable

Change the Initialize and script ActiveX controls not marked as safe to Disable

Change the Installation of desktop items to Prompt

Change the Launching programs and files in an IFRAME to Prompt

Change the Navigate sub-frames across different domains to Prompt

When all these settings have been made, click on the OK button.

If it prompts you as to whether or not you want to save the settings, press the Yes

button.

Next press the Apply button and then the OK to exit the Internet Properties page.

Use an AntiVirus Software - It is very important that your computer

has an anti-virus software running on your machine. This alone can save you a lot of trouble with

malware in the future.

See this link for a listing of some online & their stand-alone antivirus programs:

Virus, Spyware, and

Malware Protection and Removal Resources (http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topict405.html)

Update your AntiVirus Software - It is imperitive that you update

your Antivirus software at least once a week (Even more if you wish). If you do not update your

antivirus software then it will not be able to catch any of the new variants that may come out.

Use a Firewall - I can not stress how important it is that you use a

Firewall on your computer. Without a firewall your computer is succeptible to being hacked and

taken over. I am very serious about this and see it happen almost every day with my clients.

Simply using a Firewall in its default configuration can lower your risk greatly.

For a tutorial on Firewalls and a listing of some available ones see the link below:

Understanding and Using

Firewalls (http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/tutorial60.html)

Visit Microsoft's Windows Update Site Frequently - It is important

that you visit

http://www.windowsupdate.com (http://www.windowsupdate.com) regularly.

This will ensure your computer has always the latest security updates available installed on your

computer. If there are new updates to install, install them immediately, reboot your computer, and

revisit the site until there are no more critical updates.

Install Spybot - Search and Destroy - Install and download Spybot -

Search and Destroy with its TeaTimer option. This will provide realtime spyware & hijacker

protection on your computer alongside your virus protection. You should also scan your computer

with program on a regular basis just as you would an antivirus software.

A tutorial on installing & using this product can be found here:

Using Spybot - Search &

Destroy to remove Spyware , Malware, and Hijackers (http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/tutorial43.html)

Install Ad-Aware - Install and download Ad-Aware. ou should also scan

your computer with program on a regular basis just as you would an antivirus software in

conjunction with Spybot.

Using Ad-aware to remove

Spyware, Malware, & Hijackers from Your Computer (http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/tutorial48.html)

Install SpywareBlaster - SpywareBlaster will added a large list of

programs and sites into your Internet Explorer settings that will protect you from running and

downloading known malicious programs.

Using SpywareBlaster to

protect your computer from Spyware and Malware (http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/tutorial49.html)

Update all these programs regularly - Make sure you update all the

programs I have listed regularly. Without regular updates you WILL NOT be protected when

new malicious programs are released.
Follow this list and your potential for being infected again will reduce dramatically.

here are some additional utilities that will enhance your safety

IE/Spyad (https://netfiles.uiuc.edu/ehowes/www/resource.htm)

<= IE/Spyad places over 4000 websites and domains in the IE

Restricted list which will severely impair attempts to infect your system. It basically prevents

any downloads (Cookies etc) from the sites listed, although you will still be able to connect to

the sites.
MVPS Hosts file (http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/hosts.htm)

<= The MVPS Hosts file replaces your current HOSTS file with

one containing well know ad sites etc. Basically, this prevents your coputer from connecting to

those sites by redirecting them to 127.0.0.1 which is your local computer
Google Toolbar (http://toolbar.google.com/) <=

Get the free google toolbar to help stop pop up windows.
Winpatrol (http://www.winpatrol.com/) <=

Download and install the free version of Winpatrol. a tutorial for this product is located

here:
Using Winpatrol to protect your computer

from malicious software (http://www.winpatrol.com/features.html)

also remember to keep your java updated, see this topic for instructions
http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=2559

danxmanly
2006-04-19, 00:00
Geeze... feels like I'm losing an old friend now! ;) Well, needless to say I've learned alot...and I will closely monitor my Norton Auto protect to make sure it doesn't deactivate itself again... which is how this all began.

I have recommended Spybot to several of my friends and asked them to feel free to donate as warranted. I will continue the fight to educate others as well... like my poor parents whom seem to click on every free offer that pops up on their computer even though I instruct them not too! LOL

Thanks again...

illukka
2006-04-19, 08:49
hi

just FYI: newest norton versions dont allow themselves to be killed

i strongly suggest upgrading to the latest version, or then you might want to change the brand of your antivirus ;)

danxmanly
2006-04-19, 16:47
Yeah, the whole Symantec way of updating their stuff is kind of a beating. I use Norton Ghost as well which I was about to redo my drive using that if I couldn't get all the spyware deleted.

For whatever reason Norton simply asks for me to "activate" their software before it works sometimes. It's a small window that sometimes doesn't bring itself to the front so it gets lost. I leave my computer on alot during the night as I render DVD's, transfer TIVO files, etc... It did that one day and when I started searching for DLP tv's.. I ended up with that Unspy Icon when I shut down the windows.. which was the same time I noticed the Norton "activation required" button.

I use Norton on 3 of my other systems.. all are updated.. but virus definitions renewels are up next month. I just may switch to another product.

Thanks again.. you may close the thread and continue the good fight with others.

Danny

illukka
2006-04-19, 19:45
hi

as the problem here is resolved this topic will now be archived
this will prevent others with similar issues posting to it, instead of starting new topics

if you need it reopened contact the forum staff. this applies to the original poster only

glad we could help :)