PDA

View Full Version : Update errors

RamsayX
2006-04-12, 22:12
Hi, I'm getting errors when trying to download updates, this has been going on for a while now. Please see the attached screenshot.

This happens for all server selections, I used to get bad checksum errors but not anymore, this is a new one.

Please help, thanks.

tashi
2006-04-13, 20:07
Hi there.

Whenever I have had the same problem I just had to persevere with success.

It means the servers are overloaded generally.

RamsayX
2006-04-13, 20:55
Overloaded almost every single day for the last two weeks?

md usa spybot fan
2006-04-13, 21:39
Since you are having problems with the integrated update facility, exit Spybot, then download and execute the manual updater program (spybotsd_includes.exe) from safer-networking.org. That will update the detection files. The file is located here:
Downloads – Home of Spybot-S&D!
http://www.safer-networking.org/en/download/index.html
The download item is:
Detection updates 2006-04-07 - product description
md5: FB15AD5421F77A78E22838D162B9BD8C

This updates the detection rules. Only needed if you do not want to use the update function integrated into Spybot-S&D.

The direct link is:
http://www.spybotupdates.com/updates/files/spybotsd_includes.exe

RamsayX
2006-04-13, 21:49
Its not that I dont wantto use the in-program updater, its because its not working. I tried your manual updater, that got me the detection updates, thanks. What about future updates though? I don't want to have to always use the manual updater, and I'm also still not able to download the latest "english descriptions".

Thanks for any help.

noel-pr7
2006-04-14, 21:43
Its not that I dont wantto use the in-program updater, its because its not working. I tried your manual updater, that got me the detection updates, thanks. What about future updates though? I don't want to have to always use the manual updater, and I'm also still not able to download the latest "english descriptions".

Thanks for any help.

i hardly have the problem now with downloading spybot updates with the integrated update tool. if a download failed, I just select a different server and then click on the Download Updates button to download the updates. and if that doesnt work, I disconnect from the net and re-establish my net connection with a different ISP number since I use dialup. Dialup internet connections are not always reliable and may connect at low speeds and may cause some downloads to "time out" and unexpectedly quit. try disconnecting from the net and reconnect to see if your internet connection gets better.

like what tashi, said, you just have to try again and again until you can successfully grab the updates.