PDA

View Full Version : question on pop up message - 16:30 reg change denied

Jim2069
2008-11-16, 22:44
I get the following messages on occassion

16:27 (second number counts up) Registery change denied Identified user as : user blacklist

Resident denied the change of DefaultUserName (catagory Winlogon) based on your blacklist

It just keeps flashing on my screen and running through the second number.

Is this what is supposed to be happening or is there something I should do?

Thanks for any assistance.

drragostea
2008-11-16, 22:56
Er, well that's not normal. I think you've accidentally denied something that was legitimate. Are you sure you are familiar with using TeaTimer (Spybot-Search&Destroy's Resident Shield that gives you prompts)? I just wanted to make sure. What you'll have to do is undo this. Here are the instructions below:
-
If you check "Remember this decision" on a change, the information concerning that change it is stored in a file. TeaTimer uses that information to automatically "Allow" or "Deny" similar registry changes for all future changes. To edit that information:Right click on the TeaTimer system tray icon and select Settings. This will bring up TeaTimer's "White & Black List". There are four (4) Buttons across the top of the "White & Black List":
Allowed registry changes
Blocked registry changes
Allowed processes
Blocked processes
You can review all the entries that you have stored by clicking on these buttons. The entries that you should review are in "Blocked registry changes". You can delete entries by clicking on the scripted black "X" to the right of the entry that you want to delete, answering "Yes" to the confirmation dialog and then clicking the "OK" button when you're done.
-
So basically, you'll have to undo it by clicking the red cross in one of the tabs.

Does that make sense?

Jim2069
2008-11-16, 23:20
I will give it a try, but I am not sure I will be able to recognize which entry to allow. I am also not sure if it is just something that I mistakenly allowed or if it is something malicious? And why it keeps repeating and running through the registry numbers ex: 16:30, 16:31, 16:32....

drragostea
2008-11-17, 04:35
The numbers could possibly mean the time in 24-hour format, but I can't be sure.

There shouldn't be a lot of entries in the four rows unless you made it yourself.
You have checked "Remember My Decision" and mistakenly Denied something, because from your line you gave it said it was based on "User Blacklist".

Try undoing it using the steps above and see how it goes.