PDA

View Full Version : Spybot says I'm clean but I know better...

Beechnut
2008-11-17, 15:30
I have updated and run Spybot several times. While scanning I frequently get error messages says Spybot was unable to access specific folders. Then, EVERY TIME, after completeing the scan Spybot tells me "Congratulations no viruses found." I highly doubt this is the case. My guess is a virus is blocking Spybot from accessing folders containing the viruses/spyware. What can I do to fix this? The window that first popped up said:

There were problems in the include file C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search Destroy\Includes\Malware.sbi See 'Include errors.log' for details.

...and then this window popped up a few minutes later...

There were problems in the include file C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search_Destroy\Includes\MalwareC.sbi See 'Include errors.log' for details.

There are similar messages that come up throughout the scan. At the end, Spybot says I'm clean. I know that's not true.

Help!

S.

spybotsandra
2008-11-17, 15:33
Hello,

You seem to be using a dated version of Spybot-S&D.
Please download our current version Spybot - Search & Destroy 1.6. That should fix it.
You will find links to several download locations for this new version on our web site:
http://www.safer-networking.org/en/mirrors/index.html
Please search for new updates after installing Spybot-S&D 1.6.

Best regards
Sandra
Team Spybot

Beechnut
2008-11-17, 15:36
Thank you for the quick reply! I'll do that!

S.