PDA

View Full Version : Something very wrong with my computer

Aries0681
2008-11-18, 19:23
Hi everybody, I am very new here .... I don't know the "diagnosis" for my computer but I believe that some spyware or malware remained after I ran Spybot S&D (ver.2) and anti-Malware .

Here is my story... as MSN closes all the groups in February our group is moving to a new place where we have a forum, chat room and other stuff. I am a manager of that group.

Up until yesterday afternoon the message board was fine (just like here). Then I decided to include a sub-forum where people can post their questions/problems regarding the Forum. Imagine you type up a message to post, and the text is so tiny. You can NOT make it any bigger regardless which font size you choose.

After I included the sub-forum here when I got this problem ... a format bar is all screwed up... A format bar has now some strange buttons that were NOT there before.

I already ran Spybot S&D and anti-Malware programs. It does not seem to help.

Please help me. I am very frustrated - I am supposed to help our people technically but I am unable to use the Forum myself.:sad:

Many thanks!!

tashi
2008-11-18, 20:01
Hello Aries0681

I believe that some spyware or malware remained after I ran Spybot S&D (ver.2)

To clarify the version of Spybot-S&D you are running, open Spybot Search & Destroy > Help > About. There you will find version and date of last definitions.

Regards. :)

Aries0681
2008-11-18, 22:34
Hi, I did what you suggested ... the version I have is 1.6.0.30.

Does it make a difference for problem solving??

tashi
2008-11-18, 22:50
Hi there,

I was checking you had Spybot-S&D installed as you said you had "(ver.2)" ;)

Please follow the procedure in this link: "BEFORE you POST"(READ this Procedure BEFORE Requesting Assistance) (http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=288)

Then start your own thread in the Malware Removal Forum (http://forums.spybot.info/forumdisplay.php?f=22) where a helper will advise you as soon as available.

Cheers.