PDA

View Full Version : I can't reply to emails after denying a change that should have been allowed

robaar
2008-11-18, 21:27
I either denied a change that should have been allowed or vice versa. Now when I hit reply in my email account the reply window opens up with the subject, to:, etc., in the top half of the window working fine but the bottom box where text the previous email shows up and where I would insert text there is only a small red X. It only does this with my work email account but not with my other account. I know I probably did something I shouldn't have but I haven't been able to figure out how to undo the mistake.

2008-11-19, 03:33
right click teatimer, click settings. Under that window, you can click the black x to ether a change you allowed and want to be asked again, or a change you denied. Just click the black x next to the item that you want to remove from the entry in the settings page. :)

robaar
2008-11-19, 05:10
I went under settings and nothing showed up under any of the four options. The text box was empty and there wasn't anything there to be undone.

md usa spybot fan
2008-11-19, 07:21
robaar:

There is no facility within TeaTimer to reverse any Registry change decisions ("Allow change" or "Deny change") that you make. You have to redo whatever you were doing so that the Registry change is done again (or manually edit the Registry).

You can remove "Remember this decision" entries by using the Black & White list, but that does not change or reverse registry entries, it only affects the way that TeaTimer handles future registry changes.

If you post the portion of the Resident.log file that shows the registry change that you denied in error, perhaps someone can help you reverse the affects of the denial. To do that:
Go into Spybot > Mode > Advanced Mode > Tools > Resident.
Page (scroll) to the bottom of the listing and highlight a portion of the log that shows the denied registry change.
Then right click and select Copy.
Paste (Ctrl+V) the log entries to another post in this thread.