PDA

View Full Version : Tea Timer Source Whitelist - What is it?

Tipperton
2008-11-22, 16:21
I just noticed a new option in Tea Timer labeled Use Source Whitelists.

I have searched and so far haven't found any information about it, so...

What is it? What does it do? And can the list be edited?

Thanks!

Zenobia
2008-11-22, 19:32
I assume this description fits the Source Whitelists:

Easier On-Access Use
Until now, our on-access part was able to block bad entries, but at the same time, confused many novice users by asking for confirmation on changes of other monitored system entries as well. While this is a great feature for all experienced users who want full control over their systems, we decided that we need to make this easier for the average user, and integrated automated decisions based on the system entry database built through our RunAlyzer, containing more than quarter of a million decisions.
http://www.spybot.com/dk/news/2008-07-08.html

I do not believe they are editable by the average user.hth.

Tipperton
2008-11-22, 20:52
Ah, OK

I was thinking, by it's name, that it might be white and black lists of programs that are either allowed to make changes or not allowed to.

Then if I white listed a control panel applet I use called Startup which allows me to control what starts when Windows does and what doesn't, I wouldn't be prompted to accept or decline changes made by it.

So by sources, I thought it meant that you could white list or black list particular sources of registry changes.

I hope that makes sense! :)

Zenobia
2008-11-23, 04:57
Ye,it makes sense.But,Teatimer automates a lot of the changes,so it is easier for you. :)