PDA

View Full Version : Promblem with Spybot + Vista

ideraider
2008-11-23, 23:42
Hi there,

I have encoutered the following problem:

1. Started a spybot-check.
2. Started the taskmanager.
3. The spybot-window stays blank and the program does not react anymore.

I'm using the latest version of Spybot and my windows vista home premium ist also up-to-date.

Is this problem common? Do you need more informations on my system-configuration?

Best regards

IDERAIDer

drragostea
2008-11-24, 01:58
That is odd. So you're saying that the Task Manager freezes your Spybot once you open it (Task Manager)?

Er, do you have any other running programs?
How about right-clicking the desktop icon and click "Run As Administer" (not sure if it'll help)?

ideraider
2008-11-24, 09:50
I am/was logged in as administrator (Not good for the security of the system. - Yeah, I know!).

Thunderbird and Firefox are/were active. And the Avira Antivir Personal as antivirus-Software.

My Internet-connection is provided by the latest t-mobile web'n'walk-stick IV.

Now the really important part:

The behaviour of spybot SD is reproducable on my system. It happens every time spybot SD is running (even without a bot check running; the program is focused) and I press "ctrl+alt" (right, even without pressing "del"). If I switch to another program and press "ctrl+alt+del" and start the task-manager, spybot SD continues running smoothly. So it seems, that spybot SD has a problem with the "ctrl+alt"-combination

Could you try that on your/other systems?

drragostea
2008-11-25, 00:19
This is hard to reproduce on my system because
I've tried opening Task Manager when Spybot was in focus. And the Ctrl+Alt combination. I'm running Windows XP Home Edition SP3.

I'm not sure it this is a rare problem on Vista OS's. It didn't work on my system.

Terminator
2008-11-25, 11:01
I've just tried to reproduce this bug on my Vista Home Premnium SP 1 System and nothing happend.

ideraider
2008-11-27, 08:41
Nobody able to reproduce this bug?