PDA

View Full Version : Mysterious problem, help please

Ultimatum
2008-11-25, 03:40
It seems that my computer has been hit with some weird type of virus or some type of infection. It started while I was playing an online game. The game crashed and my computer began moving REALLY slow and things were taking a LONG time to open up when I clicked them so I restarted my computer. However, now after restarting I CANNOT open ANY programs on my computer other than My Computer, Internet Explorer, My Documents, and the Recycle Bin. The icons for everything else is still on the desktop but when I click them they don't open and if I right click them then the option to open them isn't even an option. I haven't scanned my computer to see if I can find any viruses because all of my antivirus/anti spyware/anti malware programs cannot be opened due to the problem. Is there any hope for me or am I at a point where help is impossible? :(

Ultimatum
2008-11-25, 18:48
I apologize, yesterday, after this problem occurred I called a friend and he stated that he had the same problem happen to him and so he recommend I just run a system restore on my entire computer. After about an hour of waiting on a system restore my computer finally loaded back up and I could use all of my programs again. I have no clue what caused the problem but it appears to be fixed now.