PDA

View Full Version : Still getting popups-but only on work network

BT5150
2008-11-25, 08:36
I got a new laptop a few months ago and everything was going fine until recently when I started getting popups. Yet, these popups would only occur when I was on the wireless network at my office. (It's just me there, it's a DSL line with a Netgear wireless router) If I'm at home, where I also have a Netgear wireless router, although it's a cable line instead of DSL, I can leave the computer on for hours and hours and never get a popup. Also, the popups often will not go away when I click to close them, I have to go into task manager and shut them down that way to get rid of them, they are very annoying. One more note, the popups always open in IE, but I always use Firefox for my web surfing. Many of the popups are from "Euroclick". I ran Spybot yesterday and it did eliminate several issues, but as soon as I got to work today and got onto the wireless network, within minutes I started getting the stupid popups that don't want to close. I'm running vista on the laptop. Any ideas for where to go from here? Is this somehow a network security issue instead of one internally in my computer? Any help is much appreciated, this is really annoying!