PDA

View Full Version : Unable To Start Windows

grilledcheese
2008-11-25, 19:35
Hello,
My problem is on my old Toshiba Laptop Satellite 2105CDS which has Windows 98 SE.

I haven't been able to use it for years now.

I think the laptop might have virus on it,because when ever i try to start the computer it loads everything, but then it starts to load the desktop screen, then it stops, then shows the "Your Computer is Shutting Down" screen.

I am able to start in Safe Mode and it loads the desktop. I ran the usual diagnosis tools but when i restarted it, it does the same.

So I tried using the Configuration Builder CD that came with laptop, thinking that it might solve the problem, but it still does the same thing.

But then I remembered that you were able to help get rid of a virus on my current desktop:), and thought you might be able to help me out again.

Thanks in advance for your time and help.

katana
2008-11-30, 00:22
Hi grilledcheese,

To be honest, we would struggle to clean a machine that hasn't worked for years.
Most of the tools we use wouldn't work on Windows 98 SE anyway.

I recommend that you consider reformatting it and using either a fresh install of 98 SE or a different OS.

katana
2008-12-04, 11:41
Due to inactivity, this thread will now be closed.

Note:If it has been five days or more since your last post, and the helper assisting you posted a response to that post to which you did not reply, your topic will not be reopened. At that point, if you still require help, please start a new topic and include a fresh HijackThis log and a link to your previous thread.

If it has been less than five days since your last response and you need the thread re-opened, please send me or MOD a private message (pm). A valid, working link to the closed topic is required.