PDA

View Full Version : help with 2 questions

weeprick
2008-11-26, 23:58
hi
can someone please tell me if the results of a spybot scan which were "microsoft.windows.security.internetexplorer 1 entry security" is really a threat ,it is highlighted in red

and i have had spybot on my p c since i started with computers (years) and as far back as i can remember it has always taken about 45 mins to run a scan and now it takes less than 30 mins anyone know why?

drragostea
2008-11-27, 00:17
and i have had spybot on my p c since i started with computers (years) and as far back as i can remember it has always taken about 45 mins to run a scan and now it takes less than 30 mins anyone know why?
Spybot-Search&Destroy runs faster scans and it is more efficient than older versions like v.1.5.2.20.

I'm a bit unclear about the result you are getting, but I think it has to do with the settings of IE. I think the lockdown of settings.

weeprick
2008-11-27, 00:21
Spybot-Search&Destroy runs faster scans and it is more efficient than older versions like v.1.5.2.20.

I'm a bit unclear about the result you are getting, but I think it has to do with the settings of IE. I think the lockdown of settings.

i have,nt got a clue what i should do about it and would appreciate any help you can offer thankyou

drragostea
2008-11-27, 01:22
I'll try to answer the best I can, but I'm not sure if it'll be adequate.

I think it has to do something with a "lockdown" of the settings to prevent abuse or unauthorized changes. Is there a description when you click on the entry? Are you the administer of the your machine?

Greyfox
2008-11-27, 01:42
hi
can someone please tell me if the results of a spybot scan which were "microsoft.windows.security.internetexplorer 1 entry security" is really a threat ,it is highlighted in red

It is possibly that the entry in Internet options, advanced tab, security section for 'allow active content to run in files on my computer' has been changed.

see thread http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=6560.

As with all items highlighted in red, you should allow Spybot to fix the problem, then reboot and rescan. If the problem is no longer found all is well, if it reappears then you need to find out why. If you don't want the probem fixed, and don't want Spybot to keep reminding you it is there, you can exclude that item from further scans.

weeprick
2008-11-27, 02:55
I'll try to answer the best I can, but I'm not sure if it'll be adequate.

I think it has to do something with a "lockdown" of the settings to prevent abuse or unauthorized changes. Is there a description when you click on the entry? Are you the administer of the your machine?

this is the info on the entry
description-security settings can be changed by malware , some of the settings can also be changed by security software . in case you have additional security soft ware installed , make sure it is working properly

i run avg (free) spyware blaster and spybot and as far as i can tell everything is a ok , and yes i am the administrator of my pc
i can fix the selected problem using spybot , i just dont want to remove anything i should,nt and cause some damage
thanks again

weeprick
2008-11-27, 03:10
It is possibly that the entry in Internet options, advanced tab, security section for 'allow active content to run in files on my computer' has been changed.

see thread http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=6560.

As with all items highlighted in red, you should allow Spybot to fix the problem, then reboot and rescan. If the problem is no longer found all is well, if it reappears then you need to find out why. If you don't want the probem fixed, and don't want Spybot to keep reminding you it is there, you can exclude that item from further scans.

i think ill let spybot fix it and hopefully its ok
thanks again

drragostea
2008-11-27, 05:10
Yes, fixing the entry should restore the registry value to default.