PDA

View Full Version : Need User Feedback: NoAdware detection

mikey
2005-10-23, 01:31
NoAdware: Uninstall settings (Registry key, nothing done)
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\NoAdware_is1

I'm aware that NoAdware is a piece of _____ but I know of no threat involved with it. The only reason for it on board this box is for review.

So is this detection a F/P? If not, why detect only this key and no files or other keys?

codito
2005-10-23, 19:36
NoAdware is useless and maybe harmful. After installing it temprorily, it detected non-existent threats and although I am not sure, may have even installed/falsified its results. After running checks with every well-know and trusted anti-spyware tool out there, I was satisfied that it is best left uninstalled and off my computer.

mikey
2005-10-28, 21:11
Still in the new sigs...can anyone give me the heads up?

tashi
2005-10-28, 23:27
Hi mikey, I will bring this to teams attention. May not be until monday.
Have a good weekend. :)

mikey
2005-10-29, 02:10
Thank you much, Tashi.

PepiMK
2005-10-31, 09:50
That detection is from 2002, and targets a version of NoAdware that was sneaking into the system without asking the user. I guess from that point, it would be better to call it a hijacker and not malware?

jellybaby
2006-01-03, 18:20
i have tested noadware and it picked up java.exe as a worm.It detects harmless files as malware.:banghead: :banghead:

markcameron
2009-04-30, 16:13
I know this post is old, but hopefully someone will still see this. My PC has started to show signs of Spyware.

I read this review about No Adware here:
Edit: removed

...and although it sounds really positive, i'm not convinced.

What do you recommend as the best software for removing Spyware apart from Spybot...

Thanks,
Mark

Edit: http://www.mywot.com/en/scorecard/registrycleanergeeks.com

tashi
2009-04-30, 17:32
Hello,

I know this post is old, but hopefully someone will still see this. My PC has started to show signs of Spyware.

Indeed, this thread is from 2005. :p:

What do you recommend as the best software for removing Spyware apart from Spybot...This is the support forum for our program. ;) Please open Spybot Search & Destroy > Help > About and let us know the version and date of last definitions.

Also your operating system and why you believe your computer is infected, did a Spybot-S&D scan flag any items?

Best regards.