PDA

View Full Version : Netscape 8: Is support planned?

totsubo
2006-04-22, 08:00
I've noticed that Spybot supports Nestcape 7 but not Netscape 8. Is there any plans for adding N8 support?

noel-pr7
2006-05-01, 19:35
probably not, totsubo. besides, netscape 8 has a built-in spyware remover so there is no need for ns8 support in spybot.

noel-pr7
2006-05-30, 23:44
probably not, totsubo. besides, netscape 8 has a built-in spyware remover so there is no need for ns8 support in spybot.

also, using the built-in spyware remover in NS8 along with Spybot at the same time can cause either one or both to cause software conflicts or crashes.

rigtx
2006-11-26, 04:11

I run SpyBot and fix the problems. When I go on line again in Net 8.1.2 get off and run Bot again the same problems are back again.:sick: :sad:

noel-pr7
2006-11-29, 00:37
I run SpyBot and fix the problems. When I go on line again in Net 8.1.2 get off and run Bot again the same problems are back again.:sick: :sad:

what problems? please be more specific on what problems you fixed with Spybot

rigtx
2006-11-29, 05:06
what problems? please be more specific on what problems you fixed with Spybot

Yes, I get a bunch of Tracking Cookies, FastClick, AdRevolver, TagASurus, Avenue A Inc. BlueStreak, Zedo, DoubleClick, MediaPlex, Advertising.com. As I said I run SpyBot and click fix. It does but when I go back on useing Netscape they return. I tried it useing IE 7.1 and they don't come back.
I have blocked all "cookies" for now on Netscape, and everthibg seems to be running right, just a pain having to enter passwords every time, because they want to set cookies on some Market Pages.
I would just use IE but my wife likes it and use it for her "stuff" and I like Netscape.
Thanks

noel-pr7
2007-01-20, 22:30
Happy New Year 2007, rigtx! sorry I have not responded for several weeks.

You may want to take a look at the Site Controls feature of Netscape 8.12 browser and set up the sites that will allow cookies and block cookies from other sites. Click on Options from the Tools menu and click on Site Controls. from the Site Controls box and on the Site List tab, you can specify which sites will accept or reject cookies. Or you can specify which sites can be added onto the "I Trust this Site" list or "I Dont Trust This Site" list. The feature is a little more complicated than in previous versions of Netscape. I, too, am learning how to use the Site Controls feature of Netscape 8.12. Sites that are listed on the "I Don't Trust This Site" list, NO cookies from the "untrusted" sites list will be accepted.

personally I like the Cookie Manager feature where you can specify what sites the browser will accept or reject cookies. Cookie Manager is not featured in Netscape 8.x. It was featured in Netscape 7.x browsers and also in Firefox & Mozilla/Seamonkey browsers.

rigtx
2007-01-23, 06:29
Thanks for responding. As you said Netscape 8.12 "little more complicated." I went with FireFox. It has been working great.
Thanks again
rig

noel-pr7
2007-02-27, 00:37
Yes, I get a bunch of Tracking Cookies, FastClick, I tried it useing IE 7.1 and they don't come back.

Thanks

I think you meant Netscape 7.1, not IE 7.1. IE 7.1 does not exist...at least not yet.

Netscape is planning to release Netscape 9.0 later this year. I read about it at the Netscape Unofficial FAQ site:
http://www.ufaq.org/