PDA

View Full Version : Internet Explorer Immunity

computerEMT
2005-10-23, 07:56
Hello,

I am running Spybot S&D 1.4 with an update of 2005-10-07.

When I click on Immunize then in the Immunize window I see 2197 bad products already blocked, 3 additional protexton possible. Please immunize.

When I click on immunize it will then say 2200 bad products are now blocked.

But if I click check again we are back to 2197 bad and 3 additonal.

What am I doing wrong or how can I fix this.

ALSO,

When I click Tools then Resident it get a pop up Error message saying "Text exceeds memo capacity" and an OK button.

What is this all about? :confused:

Please help.

Thanks.
ComputerEMT

md usa spybot fan
2005-10-23, 18:02
It is just a quirk (small bug) that has been reported in the past. It is not a threat.

You are probably running a Windows 98/98SE/ME system. Spybot is attempting to immunize three (3) items in registry hives that don't exit on your system and unfortunately counting them. So, when Spybot checks, the entries are not there and it is reported as a problem.

With certain types of immunization Spybot adds the same immunization entries to multiple registry hives, if those registry hives exist. For example: because I run on a Windows XP system my immunization count with the 2005-10-07 updates was 7140.
It's the same immunization you have it just that in my system there multiple copies of some of the entries.

Note there are new updates available (2005-10-21) and the number of immunized items increase with that update. However, after immunizing the new entries, I think you will still have 3 missing when you "Check again".

SandW
2005-11-05, 18:41
ComputerEMT - did you ever get an answer to your Resident problem? I have the exact same issue. Also, when I try to close or exit from Teatimer, I get some type of bad error that says if the problem persists try restarting your computer. I click "ok" over and over but the error window won't go away. So in the end I have to restart to make it go away.

I know others must be have our same problems. I'm running Windows ME with all the current critical updates as well as S&D updates.

thanks...

md usa spybot fan
2005-11-05, 22:11
Sorry, I missed the question about the resident log.

Running Spybot 1.4 just click on the "Archive Log" button at the top of the Resident screen. The current Resident.log is archived as Resident.yymmdd-hhmm.log and a new Resident.log will be created as required. This should take care of the "Text exceeds memo capacity" problem.

If you need to refer to the information in the old log or want to delete it, this and most other logs, reports and exported information produced by Spybot-S&D are store, by default, in the following directories:
Windows 95 or 98:
C:\Windows\Application Data\Spybot - Search & Destroy\Logs
Windows ME:
C:\Windows\All Users\Application Data\Spybot - Search & Destroy\Logs
Windows NT, 2000 or XP:
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Spybot - Search & Destroy\Logs