PDA

View Full Version : Need Help, PLEASE - Dd Denied Change

DonsWife
2008-11-30, 00:30
My dd denied a change this morning without asking me about it first. Now I am getting the following message:

16:18 Registry Change Denied. Identify as: User Blacklist. Resident denied the change of symPCCheckup (category system startup Global Entry) based on your blacklist.

This message keeps flashing up repeatedly on my screen. I need to know how I can reverse this! I am using Vista Home Basic and am using a Compaq Presario laptop.

Any help will be greatly appreciated!!!

DonsWife
2008-11-30, 02:28
I have multiple boxes on my screen flashing this message and cannot make them stop. The only thing different now is that says 18:27 Registry change denied. I don't know what to do to clear it!

drragostea
2008-11-30, 02:59
It seems that this is the trial of "Norton" that was installed on your machine, probably with Adobe Flash/Shockwave Player.
-
If you check "Remember this decision" on a change, the information concerning that change it is stored in a file. TeaTimer uses that information to automatically "Allow" or "Deny" similar registry changes for all future changes. To edit that information:Right click on the TeaTimer system tray icon and select Settings. This will bring up TeaTimer's "White & Black List". There are four (4) Buttons across the top of the "White & Black List":
Allowed registry changes
Blocked registry changes
Allowed processes
Blocked processes
You can review all the entries that you have stored by clicking on these buttons. The entries that you should review are in "Blocked registry changes". You can delete entries by clicking on the scripted black "X" to the right of the entry that you want to delete, answering "Yes" to the confirmation dialog and then clicking the "OK" button when you're done.
-
Basically, you'll have the undo it following the steps above. Give it a reboot and the pop-ups will disappear.

DonsWife
2008-11-30, 03:19
Thank you. I was able to delete the entry. I am rebooting now.