PDA

View Full Version : Need User Feedback: SpybotDeletingxxxxx(alphanumeric) - What?

doffod
2008-11-30, 22:03
WinXP Home SS&D 1.6 advanced mode

After a scan and erasure of User Tracks and misc logs etc., I get a series of pop-up dialogs announcing SpybotDeletingxxxxx(alphanumeric) asking a verification to delete (and remember) or deny (and remember).

Example SpybotDeletingB7289
I detect no difference in performance if I either delete or deny

I google these strings and get no useful results. What are these scan results, and how can I eliminate these dialogs? I want all user tracks, logs etc automatically erased after I select all and choose erase at end of scan. Can I eliminate these dialogs by changing a setting?

A search of my XP WINDOWS directory gives me the string B7289 in the following subdirectories:
C:\WINDOWS\ie7\regoo806
C:\WINDOWS\ie7\spuninst\spuninst.inf
C:\WINDOWS\repair\software
C:\WINDOWS\system32\CATRoot\{alphanum-key-in-curly-brackets}NT5.CAT

drragostea
2008-11-30, 23:04
Example SpybotDeletingB7289
I detect no difference in performance if I either delete or deny
There is no difference in performance if you should Allow or Deny.

This specific entry is added to the Windows Startup Manager so it'll remove what Spybot cannot remove during Normal Boot in startup. In other words, when your computer starts up, right after the 'Welcome' screen, Spybot will have those tracks removed.

You can always clear the tracks manually via your browser options (history, download history, cookies, and cache).

Conclusion: You should Allow all the "SpybotDeleting..." prompts and after a reboot they should be gone.

You might encounter that the entry "SpybotDeleting..." has been removed (because it is a RunOnce entry). You can allow them all.