PDA

View Full Version : Problem removing Trojans--Virtumonde.prx

Zero V2
2008-12-04, 02:43
So, I've been scanning, purging, and restarting my computer for the past, give or take, three hours. My rig (I'm using another machine at this time for internet) is currently offline completely, unable to recieve any information from the net.

I've purged my machine of what the Spybot application interprets as "Virtumonde" Trojans, and most of the .prx components that go with it.

For the last three purges and restarts, I have not been able to remove three of them. I've been having some considerable trouble. If nobody would mind, I could be better able if I had some assistance in this matter.

Also, after removing a certain Virtumonde file, it leaves behind an error message that one of its dll components could not be initialized. IF possible, I'd like to stop that from popping up, maybe after the primary problem becomes addressed and solved.

I thank you for your time, and especially to the fine gentlemen who has taken the liberty of creating this fine program.

Zero V2
2008-12-04, 03:03
Uh, crud, I posted this in the wrong section.

I don't have any diagnostic logs... Where is this supposed to be?

Zero V2
2008-12-04, 03:34
Crud again. I can't edit posts.

This is in the right section, but should you need anything more from me in terms of information, I'd be happy to provide you with the resources you need.

tashi
2008-12-04, 04:43
Hello Zero V2,

Please see the stickied procedure for this forum: "BEFORE you POST"(READ this Procedure BEFORE Requesting Assistance) (http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=288) and start a new topic.

Regards. :)