PDA

View Full Version : Is Spybot and Ad Aware Incompatible?

Topgun
2008-12-07, 02:33
I have Ad Aware on my computer, and everytime I run Spybot a message pops up that basically says Ad Aware and Spybot are incompitable with each other. Then afterwards ANOTHER box pops up that says this:

"If you have the AdAware option to scan inside archives enabled, AdAware may find files in the Spybot-S&D folder. Spybot-S&D does not contain any spyware, but it creates backups of everything you fix (until you remove those backups from the Recovery list), and AdAware complains about these backups. You can safely ignore these backups found by AdAware."

Now that I have both Spybot and Ad Aware, it seems my computer has been having more problems - such as running slower, computer crashes, etc.

I don't know whether this is because I have both Spybot and Ad Aware on my computer, or if it is just a coincidence and it could be something else causing the problems. So does anybody else here have Ad Aware AND Spybot on your computer? If so, does a message pop up saying Spybot and Ad Aware are incompatible?

drragostea
2008-12-07, 02:42
TopGun, it honestly sounds to me that something else may be causing the problems. There are no incompatibilities between AdAware and Spybot-SD. The prompt you received was just merely a precaution, like telling you something ahead of time.

Basically, it means that AdAware may detecting something in Spybot's folders (it does not mean that Spybot is bad) that is bad. So it's saying that it may detecting items that are in Spybot's Quarantine.